Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be on a temporary leave starting immediatly, I dont know the extent of it but things are getting too overwelming at this point with the forum keeping up with parts orders, trying to make a living, and family time. I will process the parts orders that have been recieved at this point but will not be taking any orders for the time being. For those of you waiting on Schaeffer stuff, its coming, I am out and order more so thanks for your patience, if you want to cancel your order, I will do so. But its coming. I may stop in and read the boards once and a while to see whats up but will not be posting. There is a lot of good knowledgable people here to help out so I dont think you will be at a hinderance. Things are just getting over bearing and I have to concentrate on making a living again. The bills are stacking up....... Its not busy enough to pay for them so I must do more extra circular activities to offset the slow time. NO, its nothing illegal, you alll know me better then that. Perhaps some side work. Thanks all for understanding....

EricEdited by: dmaxalliTech

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Eric

Take your time .... Take care of the family yourself and your job ...

We'll be here when your ready ....

If I may suggest have your parts person take over the orders after all your dealer will benefit while taking that load off you,leaving more time for yourself ....

Have a nice sabatical nevertheless...

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Please do let us know if there is anything we can help out with. you've helped everyone here so much!

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Eric....

You're doing the right thing. Take care of yourself and family. You left a load of good info that is priceless.

We'll leave the light on....

hoot

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Eric,

Take care of your personal things, family is very important.

Hope you will return when ready,

You are an asset here and your knowledge will be missed.

T
NY

·
Registered
754 Posts
Eric I never made it out to GR to meet you, missed Oct 11th, but I've always wondered to myself "how does he do it?" Sounds like a well deserved rest. Just would like to say thanks for all you have shared and done, and if you ever make it to the Tech Center area for training, give me a PM and I'll buy you lunch and a beer (or a few).

Mike

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Eric I know how you feel. Take time with your wife and little one.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I think the Ford dealersships are working their guys overtime... bigtime

"Its not busy enough to pay for them so I must do more extra circular activities to offset the slow time."

You're like the MayTag repairman.
Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if we could consolidate all the best posts in Eric's column and make a book; sell the book to all who want a copy, and send the profits to him?

zip

·
Registered
463 Posts
Family comes first, last and always! Everything else can wait!

Eric,

I'm glad I got to talk with you yesterday when I placed my order...(I sure hope it wasn't something I said!
lol). Thank you for all you have done to help everyone here! God Bless you and your family! I hope to "see" you around here again sometime!

Kevin

·
Registered
646 Posts
Eric:

It sounds like you have your priorities straight to me (even if I was about to order some things!)
Now that I have reached a ripe old age (47) and 'retired' from the AF, when my coworkers get all excited about things, I say "No job is worth dying over." Which to me means for 24 years the mission came first. Now, I spend my energy taking time to do things with my family first and the job comes second (or farther down). The company may not like that, but the company won't miss me for long when I'm gone!

So you do what is right for you and your family and we'll just have to deal with it.

BTW, reconsider that Pay-Pal tip jar idea. I'm sure most here would gladly 'donate.' At least let us help offset your expenses.Edited by: Kartattack

·
Registered
107 Posts
Eric,

I received the parts you sent. Thanks for all the information you post here and gave me on the phone. Take care of yourself and your family. That's the most important thing in life.

Chris

·
Registered
473 Posts
Eric,

Please take care of yourself and family first!!!! I bet most of us has been in the same boat at one time or another. Thanks and you will be missed, I am sure there are enough knowledgeable people here to help answer a lot of thequestions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you for all your good communications to everybody that

needed you . Take care and good luck to you and yours .

·
Registered
125 Posts
Eric

I just wanted to thank you for all your help your will be missed but family is 1st. I have an idea I think your dealership should let you do your posting from work they are benifitting from it anyways maybe set aside 1 hour per day to answer questions. Let someone else take care of the parts like Mac said ordering again the dealer is benifiting from that. I assume you enjoy answering peoples questions just a suggestion but you better not be reading this

Thanks

Shaydog

·
Registered
149 Posts
Eric, as it has been said....Family comes first !!!! Take care of yourself, and let us know if there is anything we can do to help ! Pat

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
no breakage or repairs is good for us Duramax owners but bad for Eric.

·
Registered
66 Posts
THANKS for all your help and advice... God, Family And then business in that order. Seems like you have it right and I am sure all will work out for you. Best of luck to you and yours!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
mtomac said:
no breakage or repairs is good for us Duramax owners but bad for Eric.

could this be like the MAYTAG comercials?

Sounds like Eric has his priorities correct.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts