Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

a question of a D'max-Fan from GERMANY:

is it ok to buy a D'max with 192k miles ???

This 2002 LT runs every time in Duncan, Oklahoma with

one owner.

The carfax-report shows only once a year : title or registration issued.

Every year at November.

Regards Oliver

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yes, I think it is ok if it is a good deal. Have the guys on here do a VIN search, it will tell you much more than a carfax report does. Are you going to ship it to germany?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hopefully, the injectors have been recently replaced and won't cause any problems once your 200k warranty is up.

Just a thought,

Sam

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Check the for sale section here. Many of us have trucks for sale.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Definitely check to see if it has had injectors replaced. If they haven't and its at a dealer have them run a balance rate check, to see if they are in spec.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for answering so quick.

This truck is in germany now. It was exported last year.
The carfax doesn't say about the injectors, does a vin check
here in this forum gives more information about services, replaced injectors, etc. ??

Here in germany is no official GM warranty for Duramax, only for Tahoes.
That are the only "offical imported Chevy".

Thanks for your help...

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Thanks for answering so quick.

This truck is in germany now. It was exported last year.
The carfax doesn't say about the injectors, does a vin check
here in this forum gives more information about services, replaced injectors, etc. ??

Here in germany is no official GM warranty for Duramax, only for Tahoes.
That are the only "offical imported Chevy".

Thanks for your help...
Having 192k miles on it, I would assume the injectors have been replaced at least once. Other than injectors, the Duramax's have proven to be very reliable. Do any Chevrolet dealers over in Germany have Tech 2 scan tools? If so, it would be a good idea to take the truck to them and have them check the balance rates of the injectors. Balance rates are usually a good way to check the health of injectors... Let us know if you have any other questions about other things to check before you buy...you'll definetly have a unique truck over in Germany!!

--Ben

·
Registered
565 Posts
You have a PM.

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
You must want a diesel very badly. I wouldn't buy any American made diesel in Germany. Parts support might turn out to be cost prohibitive. With minmal additional mileage you could be looking at at starter, fuel pump, turbine and suspension problems, possibly transmission to. Buying these parts for a diesel aren't like buying parts for a gasser. How did this truck wind up in Germanmy anyway. If yoy are real serious about this deal you first need to line up a garage with an expierenced ( Duramax/Allison) mechanic with a Tech II testor. Unless you are a GI or US Civil employee you may have import problems with spare parts to. I'd say if you buy this rig, be ready to see a lot of downtime waiting for service/parts.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Germany has Opel, European GM branch. I spent 3 years in Giessen GE....College town...

Life was tough.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Europe is the perfect place for this truck! I may be wrong on the numbers, but I believe I've heard that roughly 50% of the vehicles in Europe are diesel.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
@Bill Gisse

It's nearly true, what you are thinking about this.
But...the time goes on and in germany, there a 5-10 dealer who can repair
this D'max. I think the Allison is the best part of this truck.

@all
And after VIN check here, I saw that all injectors are replaced at 144617 miles. That looks good for the future, or ??

Yes, in germany, more than 50% are diesel cars.

A friend of mine lives and works in the U.S.
He is a Dodge-Fan and-Driver, but he can send me every Chevy parts to germany... :)

Greets from germany,

Oliver

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have an 02 LS with 78,000 on it that you could have for $22,000-what are you paying over there for that one?????????

·
Registered
360 Posts
Plus the fuel over there is much cleaner anyway.. The injectors will probably be just fine, especially if the replacement injectors have been run on the good fuel.

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts