Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, changed the filter, primed the pump...took a few minutes to start but no luck. It took off like a bat out of hell when I first laid the pedal down but then it was back to its normal self. I did notice that the water sensor on the bottom of the filter had one wire broke off of it...don't think it should make it slow though. I ran a few PowerService cleaners thru it too. What's my next step? I would hate to think its a pump... Thanks again for all of your help.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have also noticed that when it does start to crap out, it sounds like the boost is going somewhere else. Almost like a ssshhhh, if you will. I checked all of the boots with no luck and the hoses to the turbo are all tight. I hooked a scanner up to it but found no codes. While I was driving, I watched MAP sensor, MAF sensor, engine load, and RPMS...all looked to be normal. That's the extent of my scanner tho, it's palm platform. When it was deciding to make its noise and be slow, the engine load was still at 100%...dont know if that helps any. Thanks again. Tom.

·
Registered
242 Posts
This is a long shot but is it possible to have a lazy wastegate that opens prematurely? No/low boost = very crappy performance.......

·
Registered
617 Posts
Sounds like it's off to the stealership for you.....they may find it in 2 seconds. Then again, maybe not.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Look at the piping on the driver's side just behind the IC. Some members have noticed that the pipe wears thru from rubbing.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll check it out first thing tomorrow. I hear a noise that seems like boost is getting out somewhere. I wish I had a gauge to really diagnose my problem. Thank you all for all of your help. Tom.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok...checked the pipe with no sign of swiss cheese anywhere. I drove it to detroit this past weekend and it ran fine when i kept a easy right pedal. I did notice when I put it to the floor, it would throw small amounts of black smoke (like they should under full load...light haze) but would still run crappy. Any more takers??

·
Registered
226 Posts
What year truck?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, she's an 02.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You said it sound like your loosing boost at wot. Go to home depot or and hardware store get a piece of pvc pipe, a pipe cap, and an air fitting. Put the cap on the piece of pvc, then drill and tap the cap for the air fitting. Connectect it to the system and pressurize it. The you can see if your leaking anything when the truck isnt running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts