Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck would not start again
today but this time I primed it right away and it started it goes to the dealer again on Monday. They said it ran out of gas and sucked a big air bubble wich could not be bled out but my guage showed fuel. But this time I had a half tank some how air is getting in or its loosing its prime I dont know much about how the prime works so any input would be helpful were is Eric when you need him?

Shaydog

·
Registered
514 Posts
Probably first things to check are that the water drain on the filter is closed, that the WIF sensor is secure in the filter and that the filter is tight to the filter head and the o-ring is sealing properly. Hopefully in going thru the filter setup like that you'll find your air leak.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2001 did the same thing. There is a small filter on top of the engine that was defective. They found it by putting dye in tank and driving until it showed. Your dealer should be aware of this filter.

2003 GMC 3500 4x4 SLt

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
The service department has a detailed procedure to detect fuel system leaks ... It is spelled out in the service manuals ...

Good luck let us know what you find out ...

Mac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts