Diesel Place banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a '97 3500 Manual trans. and I couldn't get mine to work. I stuck a test light in there, and apparently my B8 and B7 have power coming from them because it lit up when I had the gator clip on ground.. I tried taking the stop/haz fuse out too just to see if it had to do with the brake switch or clutch switch giving a signal still the same thing.. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Dealer sells them in packs of ten. $2 for a pack. I picked mine up in Lethbridge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I should say I couldn't get my high idle to work. where I would put the connector in B7 or B8 I had power. I will use a volt meter tomorrow to see what the actual power is coming from those leads off the pcm

·
Registered
14 Posts
Now if I only knew where the PCM is in my 97 chevy Express van I'd be doing this mod Thursday!

·
Registered
14 Posts
my B7 already has a factory wire there

Found the PCM in the van, for future tinkerers, take out the dog house, its hung underneath the dashboard in the center of the truck from a plastic tray. loosen 2 10mm bolts and it will slide right out of the tray.

Now my issue, b7 already had a green factory wire coming out of it. I tried cutting and splicing it to the grounding switch but it had no effect, b8 worked. There was a blank pin in location b3 but it doesn't seem to do anything at all when grounded out. I read through all pages of this thread and no one else seems to have this problem. So as it stands I have one high idle setting, but not 2. Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so have you found the correct pin for the second idle setting? I can't tell what RPM i'm getting at regular idle or my one high idle setting because the van's don't have RPM gauges.

So: B7 already had a factory wire, B8 worked for a single high idle setting, B3 was blank, no wire or pin, but doesn't seem to effect idle.

thanks
Stephen

·
Registered
110 Posts
This mod can also be done using a single-deck, 4 position, 3 pole rotary switch (Sold on digikey). I've done it and it works like a charm--kinda nice to have it all-in-one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for the great write up!!

I got my switches installed and it works great, only issue I have is when I have the switch engaged for the @ 1100 RPM idle my engine doesn't run smooth, it rocks crazy like it has a miss or something, it doesn't do it at any other engine speed, anyone have any insight to this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
melted connector

Hi,
First, Thanks for this info.
while doing it, I noticed a connector that was melted. it's the red wire that we can see on pict.#16 in your post. it simply is a red wire coming out of the harness and going back in after this connector...
Anyone knows what it's relating to ?

141 - 149 of 149 Posts