Diesel Place banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok here is my set up a true 3500hd a 1998 tow truck why my high idle sudenly stop working is there a fuse a sensor or relay i have to look for

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey guys quick question do you guys know why a '92 6.5 all mechanical has a form of high idle that is temperature controlled yet is not disengaged by brake or clutch and how would i make it manual

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Twil
This thread isn't about mechanical high idle. Search for one that is, or start one.

dakota
Depends on how it was added. Who put a high idle on your truck?

·
Registered
5 Posts
i did follow the wire there one on b7 going to a switch and the other dide of the switch is going to a ground like is supose to be i did change the switch but no luck this is why i was asking after the mod is done it must activate something a relay a selenoid or something my problem has to be there

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Without good photos of exactly what you've got, there's no way I can diagnose it. I recommend you pull all that stuff out and re-do it as described in this thread. Did you read the captions of the pics I posted earlier? Here's another link to that album; click this & read the NEXT several:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those lil pins you crimp the wire to, to plug it into the PCM, where would I buy those? Are they the kind of thing most hardware store have? I have my ground, switch and everything else done just gotta plug into the PCM and replace to glovebox.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ya I cant seem to get one from anywhere, really annoying to see the switch in the mornings just beggin to be flipped, but not acually being hooked up.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I got a package of them from the dealer a few years ago. It took a while, the parts guy was good about it and looked at a bunch of parts diagrams until we found it, I think they sold 10 connectors for 20 bucks or something like that. He had to order it and came in a few days later.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Just go to any JY, unplug any GM OBD-II PCM, cut the connector off with several inches of wire, take it home, remove a few pins, put them in your connector, and splice the wires to your switch. Why is this so difficult?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I havnt had time to snoop around a JY and wont for a while. if i could simply get a couple from the local dealer it would be much nicer.

And i am suprised they are so hard to find.

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Where can I find the pin connector at I've asked Napa and auto zone they don't seem to have them

·
Registered
173 Posts
Found mine at pepboys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you know what they are called thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just did mine today. The switch I got off Ebay is two switches in one and was just the right size for the blank cover in the dash. :D
If anyone else is interested this is the switch: 15A 30A 250VAC 3 Position 4 Pin on Off Red Light Lamp SPST Rocker Switch 2 Pcs | eBay
I also have 8 extra terminals since I had to buy a package of 10. I also have an extra switch since the Ebay auction was for two switch assemblies. If you want two terminals or the extra switch let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would like one if ur giveing them away

·
Registered
28 Posts
You need two terminals. Do you want that toggle switch too?

PM me you address and I'll put it in and envelope and get it in the mail.

121 - 140 of 149 Posts