81 - 100 of 149 Posts

·
Knows The 6.5
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #81

·
Registered
593 Posts
I just got my high idle installed, very easy to do. I finally was able to order pins at the dealer. I also put a home made winter front on, I'm curious to see how much quicker it heats up.

I have 6 spare pins so if anyone needs them just pm me, first people I hear from will get them.
6 including the one I sent ya' ;)?

Chaser

·
Registered
294 Posts
I haven't seen it Chase, when did you send it?

Really heats up a lot quicker, and stays hot in local driving, before adding the front the temp would drop on local roads. Quite a difference!

I cut 6 small holes in the front, just seemed to make sense to allow a little bit of air flow, probably didn't need to.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I haven't seen it Chase, when did you send it?

Really heats up a lot quicker, and stays hot in local driving, before adding the front the temp would drop on local roads. Quite a difference!

I cut 6 small holes in the front, just seemed to make sense to allow a little bit of air flow, probably didn't need to.
HMMMM.... sent out all of 'em a while back and I took them by hand to the post office since one was going to Finland... I wonder has anyone got 'em???

Just running mine (OBDI) at 1075 rpm is enough to warm up quickly and make the kids cover thier ears when loading up for school:D!

I park beside the house w/ the exhaust facing the carport...the noise really resonates loudly which is unfortunate - first kid in kills the idle.

1300 and 1600 rpm must be real screamers!

Chaser

·
Registered
294 Posts
The connector arrived yesterday, thanks! Since I was able to finally get some I'll make sure to pass it along to someone who needs it.

I'm just using the 1070, what a difference! I tried the 1360 and 1600 just to see that they worked, not sure I'll have a use for them but I'll mount the switch anyway. Yes, they are loud with the truck just sitting in the driveway, but the 1070 isn't too bad.

·
Registered
43 Posts
OBD2 you can supply 1 or 2 switched grounds to terminals B8 (1070rpm) and/or B8(1360rpm) or you can ground both and get (1600rpms)
I think it is supposed to be B7 and B8
Here is a diagram of the computer:

Attachments

·
Knows The 6.5
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
If you read the whole thread, you'd have seen where I had caught that mistake, and made the fix.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you read the whole thread, you'd have seen where I had caught that mistake, and made the fix.

Sorry My bad! I am doing mine tonight. I was able to get my pins at GM. I bought a couple extra for buddies. They Charged me 10.15 cnd with taxes for 6 connectors. I think a rip-off but what are you going to do.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Sorry My bad! I am doing mine tonight. I was able to get my pins at GM. I bought a couple extra for buddies. They Charged me 10.15 cnd with taxes for 6 connectors. I think a rip-off but what are you going to do.

I hear ya. I payed $1.50 a pin myself. Oh well, at least we got em!

·
Registered
89 Posts
guys go to the wreckers.... they are quite easy to remove from the housing, ODBI and II have the same pins. I paid 2 bux for like 15 pins.
and then went back for more.

·
Premium Member
9,258 Posts
justin.... :p:

·
Knows The 6.5
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #92

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quick (dumb?) question - I have a 98 K2500 Suburban - is this a 1 or a 2
Thank You
Stephen

·
Premium Member
9,258 Posts
Obd-ii

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank You - Time to plan.....................
Stephen

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Thanks for the writeup. I did this mod a few weeks ago & took some clearer pics. I didn't actually remove or even unplug the PCM, and I used a rotary switch in the pushbutton 4WD location. I cut a PCM connector off the harness at the JY while getting some other things, so they didn't even charge me for it. My truck idles at 730 RPM; low is 1070; high is 1360; both is 1600. This thumbnail links to an album, and the captions contain my writeup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
The connector pins

Im going to be doing this to my 98 Chevy K1500 with the 6.5l turbo diesel and want to know where I can find the pins for the plug for the PCM (computer)?

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can get the pins at a JY off of a simmilar vehicle, or go to the chevy dealership and get them. They did change the part number so I had to look through the bins myself and find the one I needed. They will be able to help you out i bought three of them for a dollar to the pocket of one of the mechanics. Easy mod to do? Never hurts to have a spare.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i know that I could not find them at napa or the like, go to the dealer ask to talk to a mechanic, not a parts guy, tell the mechanic you are looking for ECM PCM Terminal Pins. They will have a bunch of trays labeled 1, 2, 3, ect... I think it was tray 19, not sure, but when you locate so called trays then you can get them to look up the part number for your truck. They can order you a bag of ten or you can possible buy a couple from them if they are decent guys.

81 - 100 of 149 Posts