Diesel Place banner

61 - 80 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I'll be heading to my GM dealer looking for a few pins. See what they say regarding the part # listed.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I only have the one option for the high idle. So 1070 is it for me OBD-I.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
No pins in stock at local dealer. I'm sure I'll find some soon.

·
Registered
89 Posts
OBD2 you can supply 1 or 2 switched grounds to terminals B8 (1070rpm) and/or B8(1360rpm) or you can ground both and get (1600rpms):D

both wires go on b8? and where did you get the extra pins?

·
Knows The 6.5
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
both wires go on b8? and where did you get the extra pins?
B8 and B7, in the first post it was a typo, later in the thread, I went over it again.

I got the pins from the dealer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
kick a**!!!

This mod is a MUST for anyone living in the cold. I have an OBDII and what a difference when warming up!!!! and 3 settings.... genius!!

Thankx man now i can get those extra precious minutes of sleep in the morning b4 work.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I tried my dealer again, still no luck. If anyone has 2 extra pins, or could get them for me, I'll gladly pay for the pins and the time and gas to get them. Please let me know!

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I tried my dealer again, still no luck. If anyone has 2 extra pins, or could get them for me, I'll gladly pay for the pins and the time and gas to get them. Please let me know!

Thanks,
David

Where ya from David? I don't have my pins yet, but soon. Get back to me and lets see what we can do.:)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks! I'll PM you.

·
Registered
268 Posts
2 questions....

1) do we have this part # thing sorted out...is it indeed the Part# 12089649 for the pins?

2) Is it ok to turn your high idle on after you shut off your truck, so that when you use your command start it will automatically be on high idle once it starts?

·
Premium Member
9,258 Posts
well justin did it again on my PRE-OBD truck. installing a highidle was easy once he had a peice of packing twine and me and his little brother had left him alone with my truck for about an hour while we went for parts at the local can tire store. LMAO, haven't used it yet bud, we gotta find a servo to attach to that cruise linkage:p

·
Registered
268 Posts
I got her all together and love it. Works great and was ridiclously easy. the part number discussed earlier was indeed the correct one, so whoever said it was wrong musta had a clown at the parts dept. Anywho it works great and I cant believe they dont do something like that from factory especially considering the pins are already there. Thanks for the thread WhiteK2500!

·
Knows The 6.5
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Thanks for the thread WhiteK2500!
You're welcome.

Peter and I are thinking about making these into kits, so it'll just be an install deal, everything will be prewired, soldered, and all solder connections, heat shrunk wrapped.

The problem, as with getting anything started, is the funding. Money is tight, specially expendable money :p:

It's not hard to do at all, but I know there are some people out there, who just can't be bothered to make the kit, but would gladly install it, and love having it.

·
Knows The 6.5
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
well justin did it again on my PRE-OBD truck. installing a highidle was easy once he had a peice of packing twine and me and his little brother had left him alone with my truck for about an hour while we went for parts at the local can tire store. LMAO, haven't used it yet bud, we gotta find a servo to attach to that cruise linkage:p
Lol... A mechanical pump hi-idle eh? ;) Another dream to add to the drawing board :p:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Terminal Pin 12089649 Pics

I took some good pics of the terminals I bought. I've used one already and so I know they are correct.

You can look in my garage - the Other Other 6.5 garage - for the same pics.

Chaser

Attachments

·
Knows The 6.5
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
That's them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Lol... A mechanical pump hi-idle eh? ;) Another dream to add to the drawing board :p:

Look up Kussmaul Electronics Co. They make eqipment for emergency vehicles. They have high idle kits for mechanical pumps that will fit nearly anything.
I had a high idle switch on my 89 6.2L Chevy too (not a Kussmaul, though).

Thanks for the great write-up & pics. I put mine in last night -sure beats the Stanley Wonder Bar beetween the t-case shifter & pedal.

·
Registered
490 Posts
How would you do a high idle on my truck? It is a mechanical and to my knowledge has no computer. I have been doin some searches but all point to 94 OBD1 and up.
Thanks,
DC

I think I have figured out how do in theory. Will have to wait until I get mine on my truck to implement it.

BUT....does your truck have cruise control? I bet we can trick the CC module into thinking the truck is in gear......

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't know about the pre-OBD 6.5L's, but (some?) 6.2L's have a high idle solenoid on the pump, and all you have to do is run 12v, through a switch, to it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just got my high idle installed, very easy to do. I finally was able to order pins at the dealer. I also put a home made winter front on, I'm curious to see how much quicker it heats up.

I have 6 spare pins so if anyone needs them just pm me, first people I hear from will get them.

61 - 80 of 149 Posts