Knows The 6.5
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
She keeps me happy ;)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
WhiteK2500

How would you do a high idle on my truck? It is a mechanical and to my knowledge has no computer. I have been doin some searches but all point to 94 OBD1 and up.
Thanks,
DC

·
Knows The 6.5
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
How would you do a high idle on my truck? It is a mechanical and to my knowledge has no computer. I have been doin some searches but all point to 94 OBD1 and up.
Thanks,
DC
Lol brick on the accelerator? As far as I know, mechanical "high idle" has to be adjusted manually. I have not clue how to make it "on the fly".

Sorry

·
Registered
106 Posts
haha a brick sounds good to me... Justin, I did my High Idle on Saturday, Its nice :) thanks for the write up. But for some reason it sure did take about 2.5hours, also, I had some interruptions so, you know how that goes. I love the little setup thanks again bud!

·
Knows The 6.5
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Glad to hear my troubles went to a good cause, and someone could benefit from it. :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
do you know how i could do this to a 93 6.5.

·
Registered
773 Posts
whoops my bad. i didnt notice someone already posted something about it

·
Registered
628 Posts
I did this mod last friday on my truck. This is a great mod on those cold mornings. It was taking my truck 15 to 20 minutes to get warmed up on 40* days. It was just below freezing here this morning and it was warmed up in about 8 minutes. Well that is how long it took me to get back to the truck from the house with my coffee and lunch any way.

·
Knows The 6.5
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Being a kid who grew up in newfie land, moved out to Sask, and is always playin in the snow.... I know allllllllll about the cold....

As long as I don't get stuck with SnowWhitek2500 I'll be ok.... I don't think people will get the right idea.

Glad to be of service :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks for the great post. 2 questions - first, where do you get the pin connector for the end of the wire, is there a specific size that fits? Is it a solder on connector or do you buy the wire with pin already on?

Second, you say to connect to B8 or B8 or both, not sure what you meant there. Thanks in advance for any help with this!

David

·
Registered
471 Posts
Maybe if you figured a way to use a second "cargo lamp" switch to opperate the idle, you could use one of those.

I didn't want my switches somewhere people in the passenger seat would play with.

So my gf just slides over to the driver seat to play with em... :rolleyes::D
That is the first time I have heard of them being called "switches":D

·
She Don't Smoke!
4,690 Posts
Thanks for the great post. 2 questions - first, where do you get the pin connector for the end of the wire, is there a specific size that fits? Is it a solder on connector or do you buy the wire with pin already on?

Second, you say to connect to B8 or B8 or both, not sure what you meant there. Thanks in advance for any help with this!

David
You can go to a dealer or an online gm parts store... Part# 12089649 for the pins (I do believe that is the pin). Check out the link to kennedy diesel, it has part numbers and such as well.

·
Knows The 6.5
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
That is the first time I have heard of them being called "switches":D
Well, hey, it turns me on does it not? ;)

Kennedy diesel's site has the part number as Mike said, the link is at the begining of this thread... I think... I have no clue where I put the paper I had the number on, the pins I used worked, but didn't lock into the connector right, but once the blue locks are in place, it can't move.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I went and got one from the junk yard. took it out of a truck the same year as mine. used a jewelers screw driver to get the pin to unhook from the connector and cut the wire about 6" long. I didn't have to worry about special crimpers or anything. just plugged it into the A6 pin (94 OBD-I)and added wire to reach to my push button switch.

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks guys, I see the link now and part #. Its chilly and I want to get this done!

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Well, it's cold out. Why not take another look at the high idle idea huh?

My question is to the ones who did this mod. Which idle setting do you guys use the most? I'm thinking of only doing the 1070. Will that be enough to keep her warm? What do you think?

Another question regarding the pin in question. Is the #12089649 pin the correct one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I still haven't got it done, hope to shortly. I did stop at a GM dealer and when they looked up that part # they came up with some sort of plastic connector, not a pin. Anyone have extra pins they could sell me, or should I try an electronics store?

41 - 60 of 149 Posts