Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all.

Was wondering whether it's possible (in theory) to get some high quality gauge sensors and hook them up to some cheap small digital LED displays to get the readings. Has anyone done this before? Or can I only chose between the old style gauges (I like to have the digital readings).

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
You want to read existing sensors or adding new ones? What sensors are you thinking of? And are you leaving all the stock stuff alone? IF its existing stuff seems like I have read about Arduino projects you can monitor the data link and get what ever you want and display it how ever you want. May also be a good way to integrate existing and new stuff because once its in the Arduino you can translate or do what ever you want with the data including log it. I know for sure that is a common thing to do with CAN bus stuff but seems like I have also seen people doing stuff with older protocalls too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 57diesel, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm gonna take a deep dive into Arduino and report back when I finally pull the trigger.

I'm mainly thinking about adding new sensors, if I can find some high quality ones - any recommendations?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts