Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last spring with Hot juice only I ran the 1/8th mile in 9.16 at 75.39 mph.

Well..... after adding Flowmaster muffler, AFE air box stage II, Suncoast Stage II tranny upgrade, tie rod sleeves, and oh yeah, 265 X 75 Goodrich KOs, my netted gain in the 1/8 th mile was

0.03 in 60ft, 0.06 in ET and 0.5 mph.

True I haven't added programming hp, (still have hot juice only) but it would have been nice to have added a couple of tenths to my ET for the money I have spent. My best time was a 9.10 at 75.89 mph with a 1.93 60ft. Edited by: gmccall

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
gmccall said:
My best time was a 9.10 at 95.89 mph with a 1.93 60ft.

Is that typo? 95mph on the 1/8th?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Greg,

If your traction (60 ft times) are equal then you have to add more horsepower to go faster.

The exhaust, intake and tranny mods won't net you all that much in power gains, if any. It just gives you a proper power building foundation.

Just add a stack and those times will drop fast!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Max Power said:
gmccall said:
My best time was a 9.10 at 95.89 mph with a 1.93 60ft.

Is that typo? 95mph on the 1/8th?

Yep my mistake, 75.89 mph is correct.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Chris, thats a great offer.

I have the mods to stack now other than EGT, just have to get the opportunity. Does your shop install EGT guages etc ?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

duramax on the left 04 supercharged cobra on the right

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep thats about where I want to be Sdaver

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
gmccall said:
Then get your wallet out and it better be near full ....... First up get some tranny mods.... Suncoast comes to mind and then what ever power you make,will get to the asphalt .....

Mac

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Mackin said:
gmccall said:
Then get your wallet out and it better be near full ....... First up get some tranny mods.... Suncoast comes to mind and then what ever power you make,will get to the asphalt .....

Mac

He already has a Suncoast Stage II. Might need a V though when it is all said and done!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
FYI I got lucky with that reaction time if I could do that regular john force better look out
Edited by: sdaver

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sdaver said:
FYI I got lucky with that reaction time if I could do that regular john force better look out

I hear that......My son and I ran my truck 7 times the other night and the truck was within .6 mph and .15 ET on all runs. Only ET difference was in the 60'. Truck was very consistent. However we only managed consistent low 6 RT.

His racing buds decided to run their tow trucks. None were moded so needless to say he walked away with braggin rights.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
BMDMAX said:
Mackin said:
gmccall said:

Mac

He already has a Suncoast Stage II. Might need a V though when it is all said and done!

Caught me !!!

I stopped looking at sigs when all the big dyno numbers where being added ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Sdaver,

Nice numbers! I want to be there too! You must have had the Cobra worried. He redlit then looks like he spun the tires based on the 60 fts.

The shame of losing to a big old truck must have been terrible.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
his exact words were "he could not begin to understand what just happened"

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
My trip to the strip last Friday lined me up against a little silver Neon. He went a 12.5 something at 111 mph.
Turns out it had a turbo as big as the motor and the guy owns a chassis dyno shop. He made a few more runs and took down a vette or two and then parked it. At least it was a turbocharged car that cleaned my clock!
Edited by: Trippin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts