Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to disable the warning chimes? I know about unhooking the arm on the door but your interior lights won't work then.I was thinking of possibly pulling the radio out and some how disabling it from there as I think it has a module or something that controls them.Ive herd enough DING DINGS to last a lifetime.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I would like to know too!

I noticed the damn ding ding comes from the speakers

·
Registered
83 Posts
The only thing I have seen is an updated program for the radio to reduce the noise from the chime.Has to be reprogrammed from the Dealer.I will try it on my truck on Monday let you know what the diffrence is. Edited by: Heathen

·
Registered
218 Posts
Can you tell me what the updated program is, so I can advise my dealer? he seems to rely on me to tell him of the latest updates

·
Registered
83 Posts
It is an update for the Radio.When I replace radios for whatever concern.They need to be programed with the Tech 2.I have seen the option while downloading the program to reduce the audible chime from the radio.I have never selected it,Because it has never been a complaint so far that is.

·
Registered
429 Posts
You guys probably already tried this, but if not, here it is: with the key in the on position, radio off, motor off, hold the #6 preset on the radio until the chimes chime, it will allow you to select a lower volume (noted on the radio display). It only allows one lower volume, but it is quieter.

Josh

·
Registered
511 Posts
GMCSLEHD said:
You guys probably already tried this, but if not, here it is: with the key in the on position, radio off, motor off, hold the #6 preset on the radio until the chimes chime, it will allow you to select a lower volume (noted on the radio display). It only allows one lower volume, but it is quieter.

Josh

SWEET! Thanks alot!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
You'll probably be surprised when you try to lower the volume and it's already on the "Normal" setting. If it is, try "Loud" once. It's rediculous.

I swear, sometimes I wonder if the person testing these vehicles is blind and deaf.......i.e....the high beam indicator and door ajar chimes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well guys I just red all your posts.I knew about the volume setting on #6 preset on the radio but thanks anyway Josh.The radio reprogram sounds like it may reduce the volume but I am wanting to turn it completely off for good.It would be great if the reprograming had that option but I kind of doubt it.Waiting patiently.....

·
Registered
511 Posts
I tried the "preset 6" thing.

It was already on the lower of the two settings.

The louder setting is rediculous!

I hope we can find out how to disable it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does anyone know if you install an aftermarket Radio/CD player will it get rid of the stupid chime?

I am thinking about going to an aftermarket system and this might help hurry me up.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yes, Im sure it will. I saw that there is a company that actually sells a part to add to your aftermarket stereo to get the chimes back

So I assume that means they go with the stereo

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Yes, the headunit is responsible for the chimes. A company offers an adaptor to retain the factory headunit (hide it somewhere under the dash) so you can keep the chimes with an aftermarket radio installed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
First thing this morning I programmed my 04 radio there was no change in the loudness at all.

·
Registered
511 Posts
When I tried it the 'loud' setting was Stupid Loud

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is a switch on top of the ignition lock cylinder which tells the body control module when the key is in the ignition.You could remove that switch but I am not sure what else it will effect?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts