Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 3500 last month it had all new filters,even if the oil filer was for a 6.5TD,it was replaced w/ new filter & Delvac.Yesterday I got around to changing the stock fuel filter,a JK Mega filter should be here today & wanted everything fresh.When I took off the WIF sensor the recesses in it were full of rust.I'm talking flakey rust,& a lot of it.I'm going to cut open the old filter & look but I'm sure it is new.Truck runs great w/44000 mi.I use FPPF in it since I bought it.Does anyone else see their WIF that dirty?Is there an easy way to clean the lines to the OEM filter without taking everything apart?The Mega is going to be pre.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Well my first fuel filter change yielded quite a bit of rust on the sides of the can and lots of sediment at the bottom. I had to clean all of that crap off the WIF sensor as well before installing it onto the new filter. You should cut yours open as well, you might be amazed what it looks like...at least it is on the dirty side of the filter though.... Here is a pic of my filter can with about 11,000 miles on it:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts