Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I tried to get the Racor pre-OEM installed tonight. Several problems but the one that's got me is the ferrule in the compression tube to barb fitting.

It's different than I've seen. It appears to be straight with a collar on one end of it. It came with the collar next to the barb side of the fitting but it looks like there is a chamfer on the inside of the nut for that collar to fit into.

Called OFI, they said put the collar next to the nut, which is what I thought it should be. Then the called back while I was putting them on saying they weren't sure and Racor was closed down for the day. They'll let me know tomorrow.... Great....

Any of you guys tell me which way the collar goes on the compression tube fittings?

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would put the collar next to the nut, that way it will compress around the fitting itself.

I've got relatives in PG, my grandparents were from there.Edited by: kwsundell

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kris,

Thanks for the input, that's what OFI said as well. I'm just glad the truck isn't my only driver or I'd really be p*ssed...

I was born in PG, but raised in Provo/Orem area so I don't know a lot of folks from over here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts