Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I was driving in some loose sand and got a "service brake system" alarm on the DIC accompanied with the ABS and brake light. When it happened the truck made a ding ding ding at a fast pace. After driving a short distance the lights went away. Now the truck ding ding dings the same way when I start or shut off the truck, but only occasionaly. I could not get it to do it at the dealer. It is acting up more frequently now like not dinging with the door is open but the engine is on. And I thought it used to say something on the DIC if the door was open and the engine on. Anyhow, has anyone else found this problem? Can you get a flash to fix it? I need some help gettining info to the dealer so they can fix it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The only time my has done that is when I took off with the parking brake barely on and that's what it did ding-ding-ding? If parking brake is off the maybe some thing is wrong with your abs system.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
That abs and service brake system thing happened to me too.I was told at the dealer that it happens when the tires spin at different speeds.Like when youre in the snow or sand and go from 2 to 4wheel drive.It didn't really make sense to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my abs and e-break indicators used to come on in my first dmax. mainly after i let it idle for about 10 minutes of longer then got back in, but my dealer said the chevys had a problem they didnt know how to fix yet. That was probably a year and a half ago on a 2003 good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My "service brake system" alarm on the DIC accompanied with the ABS and brake light has been coming on once in awhile lately too. When it does, it stays on until I get over 10 mph. Of course it didn't do it when I stopped at the dealership. I've checked parking brake to make sure it was off.

I some times get the "driver door ajar" too even though it isn't. Will be taking it in soon to get this checked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts