Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am installing DiPricol Optix Gauges (Pyro and Boost) and I want to hook the LED Positive's to the pin in the black box on the floor that dims.
Will my gauges dim ok with this set up? I have read in a couple of threads that some are having trouble with dimming LED back lit gauges.

Will it matter what gage wire I run down to the block box from my overhead and what size fuse would you use? I am not real smart when it comes to wiring and in-line fuses.

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I hooked mine up the way it was done in the DIY hotness post and it works perfect it was off the dimmer switch IIRC.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Every Day Diesel,

Most folks have been successful doing it that way, we also have a DI factory harness that just plugs into each gauge and combines all the various pos and neg leads for all gauge functions and makes install a snap, one of the best features of the wiring harness is it has a seperate dimmer dash pot for each gauge so you can set them to the same exact brightness of the dash cluster and then hook it to the dash dimmer circuit and the DI's dim exactly the same as the dash then. Makes it really look sharp. We stock them if you need one let us know.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey Mark I guss I would need the D190028 harness correct? How long are the wires and the pyro connections?
Also I can't see the dimmers that well how do you install them? I am going overhead to mount them.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts