Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been covered a million times before, but, what is the difference between the two. I am new to this having always driven gassers, I just bought my 07 ccsb LBZ w/ allison saturday and am trying to pick the best one. I want something that is gonna be safe and undetectable if I have to take it back to the dealership. I am looking for a decent power increase without putting my truck at risk. Any help would be really appreciated. Seems like most people I have talked with say either one or the other but what's the difference. Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Juice:
KEY FEATURES:
• 6 on-the-fly Adjustable Power Levels
• Touch-of-a-Button Control
• Additional 100 HP and 200 ft lb Torque*
• Increases Fuel Economy**
• Includes Turbo Timer

EVO:
KEY FEATURES
• FIRST PROGRAMMER TO READ AND DISPLAY EGTs, probe included
• Provides in-cab display to monitor vital engine functions
• Additional 100 HP and 210 ft. lbs of torque
• Three power levels with special mileage tune for improved fuel economy
• Ships with a custom designed pod
• Internet updateable (cable included)
• Displays and clear diagnostic trouble codes
• Adjustable LED backlight color
• Displays Alerts and Records such as RPM, MPH and EGT
• Datalogs vital engine information
• Simple installation

Biggest differences:
Juice has 6 power levels and on the fly adjustability, Turbo Timer, and automated backdown for EGT, and Trans slip

Evo is internet updateable, comes with a pod, has adjustable color backlight, and datalogging capabilities

Hope that helps, if you need more info, call edge 888-360-3343, they can help you understand the main differences.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Can both of them read and clear codes?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
i have the juice/attitude for my lb7....that does not have a turbo timer nor the ability to read code correct?

·
Registered
335 Posts
hemisareslow;1592513; said:
i have the juice/attitude for my lb7....that does not have a turbo timer nor the ability to read code correct?
No, those are new features for the LBZ. My J/A for my LLY doesn't have those either.

·
Banned
525 Posts
I am also having a hard time deciding wheter to go with the Juice or the EVO. I like all the features of both, but I really like on the fly adjustments.

I want something that has good power for towing about 8-10,000lbs. Also when empty and running the interstate, I want a tune that will get me better mileage as I travel a huge amount of highway miles. I really do not want the chip for performance per se, I want it so I can haul my truck camper and trailer without being in the way on the highway and also get me a little more mileage for regular use.

I had the Edge EZ in my 01 LB7 and absolutely loved it. I never installed the guages or an EGT but I also never ran it anything higher than the second setting in tow or regular mode. So with my LBZ, I am looking for the smae type of setup.

I want the Juice w attitude, but for about $400 less to get the EVO, I could spend the difference on the Exhaust I want. HELP with some information so I can get this installed already.:)

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
dont let price decide if you can help it. I bought my Juice/Att. from a vendor here for about 600$.:D I just like the on the fly adjustment.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess my main question here is- Are both equally safe for the truck, undetectable by the stealership, easy to use, easy to install and remove? Any more insight you could give me would be greatly appreciated. i already love this thing, but eventually I will need more power. Just wanted to get my homework done now.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
If you are worried about a dealer, go with the juice. One added bonus to the box style is if for some reason you have a problem, you just unplug & go. If for some chance you get a problem with the evolution you might be dead in the water if you can not reflash. I really love my juice. At least you are going with Edge. They really stand behind there products.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I understand that if you go from mild to wild tune and pound on it, you'll tear up the tranny cause it won't relearn the power as fast as you change tunes on the fly.
It will take a good 50-100 miles for the ecm /allison to calibrate for power increase from what I have read.

NOT GOOD!!
A Pointless feature for the attitude then IMO...

The Attitude turbo timer throws codes....

The evolution can correct speedo error for tires and gears, and remove the speed limiter...
Evolution has ability to download new programs from a PC, and makes as much power too!

Evolution for this dood!!

Correct me if I'm wrong here guys ... I am the newbee ... LOL

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
dubious;1609380; said:
I understand that if you go from mild to wild tune and pound on it, you'll tear up the tranny cause it won't relearn the power as fast as you change tunes on the fly.
It will take a good 50-100 miles for the ecm /allison to calibrate for power increase from what I have read.

NOT GOOD!!
A Pointless feature for the attitude then IMO...

The Attitude turbo timer throws codes....

The evolution can correct speedo error for tires and gears, and remove the speed limiter...
Evolution has ability to download new programs from a PC, and makes as much power too!

Evolution for this dood!!

Correct me if I'm wrong here guys ... I am the newbee ... LOL

Strong words for just a newbee :) I run level 1 with a boost of 5 & pass on level 3. I only smoke in level 6 while in 6 gear & stay out of the 5/6 shift. If you do full wot on it you are going to be looking for a tranny.

I hope you never get a bad download either. You should talk to Tony he had his truck sitting for a while because it did not download at all & he could not get it to start backup. I am sure he will chime in. If you have a problem with the box you can just unplug & drive away. I have heard that the juice is still faster. :)

I for one think Edge has been great for customer service with me. That sucks that you had a bad experience with them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts