Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was debating on posting this or not because of keyboard warriors and others stating information they have "heard or think they know" i am only posting this because i am personal excited as one of the diesel techs to get to work on and drive these engines when they come to the dealer, so please keep your ****ing stupid comments to yourself and be happy there is a reason Gm has bin keeping quite and letting "ram" and ford do there little torque war and keep having power train warranty claims.

As i stated on other forums i work in a Gm dealership, and we have a young owner who love's diesels like myself.
i will NOT say what he told me, but i will let out a few teaser's, Gm has bin testing 1 more 4 cylinder diesel engine(not the 2.8l) and 2 V6 diesels for almost 2 years now with 7, 8, and 9 speed transmissions.
some will show in the Cadillacs first 1, and one in *******(this one i wont answer :) )
Now this is what he TOLD ME, now did he mess up some of the numbers or information, I am not sure but he did state for a fact Gm is going to flood the North american market with diesel for those thinking they are lagging behind, no they want to be sure they wont fail so tons of testing in being performed.

·
Registered
228 Posts
IMO they should take a breath and deal with emissions related reliability issues on current products before they branch out further.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am looking forward to the next gen. 6.6L Duramax, and hoping GM will once again have real commercial trucks to put it in.

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
I saw a advertisement in one of the auto rags that Chevrolet has a diesel available in one of it's mid size cars right now. Forget what model since I haven't kept with much outside of trucks and Mercedes.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I saw a advertisement in one of the auto rags that Chevrolet has a diesel available in one of it's mid size cars right now. Forget what model since I haven't kept with much outside of trucks and Mercedes.
Are you referring to the Chevy Cruze EcoDiesel ?? A co-worker has had one for about a year now & loves it !!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMO they should take a breath and deal with emissions related reliability issues on current products before they branch out further.
Well compared to where the LML was in 2011 to 2013 with DEF issues has REALLY died down, i use to be dealing with a DEF light 3-5 times a week now its once a month if that.
now by-pass valves and NOX sensors well.... about a valve a month and 2-3 nox sensors #2.
i have learned if your performing a redundant quality test on an LML if #2 sensor is NOT reading under 25 PPM, then it needs a sensor, i dont care what GM says with the 70% less then #1 bullshit, i've seen 30 PPM have the test time out, put a new sensor in it and it will pass within 20 min. and 90% of the time its only reading 5-15 ppm on a healthy system

·
Registered
171 Posts
My 2008 has 110,000 miles on it. It should last awhile. No big emission issues to worry about that I know of.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Next Diesel ?

i was debating on posting this or not because of keyboard warriors and others stating information they have "heard or think they know" i am only posting this because i am personal excited as one of the diesel techs to get to work on and drive these engines when they come to the dealer, so please keep your ****ing stupid comments to yourself and be happy there is a reason Gm has bin keeping quite and letting "ram" and ford do there little torque war and keep having power train warranty claims.

As i stated on other forums i work in a Gm dealership, and we have a young owner who love's diesels like myself.
i will NOT say what he told me, but i will let out a few teaser's, Gm has bin testing 1 more 4 cylinder diesel engine(not the 2.8l) and 2 V6 diesels for almost 2 years now with 7, 8, and 9 speed transmissions.
some will show in the Cadillacs first 1, and one in *******(this one i wont answer :) )
Now this is what he TOLD ME, now did he mess up some of the numbers or information, I am not sure but he did state for a fact Gm is going to flood the North american market with diesel for those thinking they are lagging behind, no they want to be sure they wont fail so tons of testing in being performed.
I wonder now that the 2.8 diesel Colorado is out, Will the Silverado 1500 Diesel show up next ? Has anyone found any information on it:gray: ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder now that the 2.8 diesel Colorado is out, Will the Silverado 1500 Diesel show up next ? Has anyone found any information on it:gray: ?
Well in all honesty i know the owner of my dealership i work for has ASKED for ME to the engineers and developers of GM's diesel division on the 4.5L and he asked when it is coming off the shelf and the answer he got was "when ever we want it" the 2.8L is a test bed basicly if they get a higher demand then 10% of the total sales for the 2.8L then a very good chance it will come out. Gm really has diesel's all over the world but the emissions standards in the US are harsh but now that Europe has basicly reach the same stand point it should be intresting what comes out! but i do know for a FACT Gm has 2-4 new diesels they are testing right now for later on.
As for the next 6.6L i've asked, Asked and Asked again and basicly was begging Michigan for an answer seeing is mabey i could get one get a hint, i'm expecting major changes to the top end with the heads or turbo's. but in the end the LML in the 2015's works DAM good and i could swear it has 800+ ft lbs and 425 horse when compared to a 2013 pulling the exact same load.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
BUMP -- Any update on 1500 series diesel pickups?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I've been seeing some horror stories on the Dodge ecodiesel, seems people are having the cam gear spin and trash the engine.

·
Registered
292 Posts
GM FORD NOW HAS A 1/2 ton diesel too along with Ram where Is the 1/2 ton diesel people have been requested

·
Registered
55 Posts
Maybe it´s it about time that GM and other OEMs will look at the new tech that already fulfil the coming CAFE 2025 standards?

http://achatespower.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/MTZ_2014_Final.pdf

at page 8

"Multi-Cylinder Modular Development Engine The A48-3-16 shares most of the power cylinder with the A48-1 and in an effort to reduce the development schedule, many components are compatible. Similar to the A48-1, the A48-3-16 is designed for a peak cylinder pressure of 200 bar with overload conditions of 220 bar. The block was cast from compacted graphite iron (CGI)."

will be shown at the next NAIAS.

Achates Power Announces Plan to Build a Light-Duty Truck Engine that exceeds CAFE 2025 Regulations

and

Green Car Congress: Achates Power building 2.7L opposed-piston light-duty engine; exceeding CAFE 2025, Tier 3 targets at lower cost

The beauty of that is that it basically allows us to exceed the 2025 CAFE regulation without adding any cost to the vehicle. This is taking the existing powertrain out, putting in the OP engine, and it exceeds the CAFE regulation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts