Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
FWIW, my ol' neighbor back in MI like 16 years ago, who was working on gas fuel alternatives for the auto industry as part of the government mandated research they had to do, was telling me that this was all just a show and that the reality of future fuel would be cleaner diesels.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Yea it's funny the same old impression people that don't know still have of diesels. Even though clean diesels have been in the mainstream for at least 10 years, people still think they are "oil burners". I gave up recently trying to inform a group of gassers how wrong that impression is. Oh well, not my fight.

·
Banned
10,146 Posts
Yea it's funny the same old impression people that don't know still have of diesels. Even though clean diesels have been in the mainstream for at least 10 years, people still think they are "oil burners". I gave up recently trying to inform a group of gassers how wrong that impression is. Oh well, not my fight.
Go to Europe, that have it figured out. On average it is about 50% diesel with some countries such as Ireland and France there are twice as many diesels as petrol. Guess I have a smart family, damn near every household has a diesel in the driveway.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UThXVCNSlyE&feature=em-subs_digest

Let´s see what GM have in their sleeve?

Baby Duramax would be great.
Pickuptruck.com is spreading a rumor

Spied: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali and More - PickupTrucks.com News
In a year from now

"A turbocharged V-6 is also said to be available with the new generation of GM trucks, as is a diesel V-6. The 10-speed automatic already seen in the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 should replace the current eight-speed unit in many, if not all, versions of the Sierra. A brake-by-wire system will also debut on the Sierra, and an air suspension such as the one on the Ram 1500s may also be offered on the Sierra for the first time.

"The 2019 Sierra should be revealed in 2018 with an on-sale date later in the year.":thumb:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
speaking of emissions:
i have access to a supply, 5000 gallons, of off-road diesel. it's 20 years old so it has the higher PPM of sulfur. i put in 5 gallons the other day, mixed with about 5 gallons of pump diesel, but haven't drove it yet. it's been used in a lot of equipment over the years so i know it's good. looks like i won't have to be paying for fuel for the next few lifetimes. :whistle:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I would love to see GM put a diesel in an Acadia or terrain.

·
Premium Member
17,873 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
I would be willing to bet most of the people who start crap like this live in the crowded city, in a tiny apartment or townhouse with 0 yard/grass/trees and ride a f***ing bike to work. Sounds like a great plan for transport industry and those of us who live well beyond any city and tow big rv's around. I hate people

Reactions: MaxRock
1 - 13 of 13 Posts