1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting post. If you read the Q&A document on that page it says that no 2006 models will be eligible. However, this tax credit appears it will be useful for 2007 and beyond models. Another reason to wait...given that the tax credit could be as much as $3400.

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Vehicle weighing more than 6000 pounds but not more than 8500 pounds must meet Tier 2 Bin 8 emissions
It has been said that no vehicles over 8500 GVW rating will be included. As of right now all of the DMAX's are 8600 GVW rating and up. It is mostly to try and get auto makers to start producing more vehicles like VW's TDI's and JEEPS Liberty.

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
The tax information says nothing about GVRW's it mentions actual vehicle weight. i think we are eligible

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not according to this info:

Can any of today’s vehicles earn the credit? How about 2006 models?
No. Currently available diesel engines do not meet the specified emissions standards. At the
present time, no anticipated 2006 models are likely to qualify for the credit—since manufacturers
need cleaner diesel fuel to meet the requirements and that fuel does not become available until
October 15, 2006.

This from the quesions and answers section on the same website mentioned in the first post.

Curt​

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
It has been said that no vehicles over 8500 GVW rating will be included. As of right now all of the DMAX's are 8600 GVW rating and up. It is mostly to try and get auto makers to start producing more vehicles like VW's TDI's and JEEPS Liberty.
The GVW of my Crew Cab K3500 Duramax allison SLT is 7400 pounds, so all the 1 tons and smaller will qualify. The GVWR is 11400.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
If there are any tax experts here, please correct me, but I don't think any of our diesel trucks are elgible for any tax break.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts