Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop mechanic in the Portland, Oregon area.........someone that is excellant on the Duramax. I've got an 01 GMC Duramax and looking for someone good to use instead of the dealer.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Have you tried DSU Peterbuilt & GMC? I had them replace my injectors and they did a great job. By the way, the DSU stands for Diesel Service Unit!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dieseldan,

thanks for the reply. I was just there picking up some filters, I'll keep them in mind if I need some work done. I just had my injectors done but used a different dealer because I didn't know about DSU then.

I was hoping someone knew of a good independant guy as I like getting personal service and helping out the little guy.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I agree. I would much rather go with a local guy when possible. Didn't know what work you neded done.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I agree dsu has been a good place to have work done. until the clutch they replaced on our d-max and all the bs they flung at me. after 20+ years of using there shop I will not take anything back there again. I caught them in a lie and they just kept lieing to try and cover tracks it was unbelievable. I have been watching this thread to see where to go for warrenty thinking Mcminville can't remember name of chev. dealer but have used their parts counter a few times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts