Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I occasionally have a small puff of smoke with the first start up of the day but i started using diesel kleen and every time i do i get smoke with just about every start. That typical? Or anyone else having this?

·
Registered
505 Posts
most of the folks on this site (not including me) are so advanced with their skill sets and understanding of diesel motors, it is simply not worth their time to discuss small puffs of smoke at start up when using a fuel additive. To them it is simply not as interesting as dealing with dual turbos, and 1000HP targets. It's like asking Bill Gates why the screen blinks during boot up...ultimately it doesn't effect anything so why pay attention? Can't blame'm...when most of us are on our way there, they're on their way back heading for the next one.

If you're getting any black smoke at any time and want some feedback, you're gonna wanna check injector rates, etc. Do you have something like the Edge that will provide data on what your truck is doing?

Oh yeah btw...these are diesels...they're supposed to smoke...and if you have a good one, it will smoke a hell of a lot!!!! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya know what bro,i was thinking that bout why i wouldnt get a response and what you wrote was really good way of putting it,i actually loled that was funny man and it was a point well taken. And my edge is the older one that doesnt show flow rates...i was just worries about it being a injector issue or if my glow plugs were takin a ****. But thx for the response..that was funny

·
Registered
505 Posts
if you got a laugh...well then contrary to popular opinion, i'm good for something. :)

If it makes you feel any better I run Diesel Kleen in every tank and my farts a little smoke every start and has for many years. I got about 140k on the stock motor and tranny and been driving it like a stole it since day one...but I only have the Banks which puts out good but not great HP/torque.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yea, I believe it to be normal too and the amount of smoke depends on your tuner. On level 4 or 5 mine coughs smoke on every start.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mine puffs smoke on start up with no cat, with or without fuel additives...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine lets a pretty good puff on start whether im running kleen or not. Run about ever other tank if i have it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.