Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many ounces is anyone adding? the directiions say to use quite alot for the full six point gain, i checked mpg on the first full tank and it came in at a little over nineteen,i wonder if sum additive may help increase it any.

thanx:)

·
Registered
241 Posts
It will help some, you may squeeze 20 mpg out of it, but the main thing is you will be extending the life of your fuel system (injectors, pumps, etc.). I use it in every tank, currently the white bottle for winter.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will help some, you may squeeze 20 mpg out of it, but the main thing is you will be extending the life of your fuel system (injectors, pumps, etc.). I use it in every tank, currently the white bottle for winter.
ok,so how much are you putting into a tank? i figured since iam in the midwest the fuel already has winter additives,so i thought id kick the cetane up a littl ,i have heard pretty good reviews on the ps products

·
Registered
241 Posts
i think it is 1 bottle per 150 gallons, so depending on how much your tank holds, is the amount you add. (make sure on bottle though) Even if you mix it a little rich, i dont think it hurts it, it just stops giving more results, so your just wasting it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I put in one ounce per three gallons of fuel. 24 gallons of fuel will get 8 oz of treatment

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I use half a bottle of the PS or the Stanadyne per full tank full. I was told by the diesel shop I get parts from to keep it heavy now since they killed the sulfer in the fuel. They have had many problems reported since they did that. Not to mention with a new IP and injectors, tank and sending unit, I want it all to last and run at optimum performance.
Just a thought.

Mark

·
Registered
702 Posts
I use it and I like it. Engine seems to run a little smoother with it, and maybe slightly better fuel mileage, but that can be caused by different driving conditions. I put 1/4 of the small bottle in a full tank. Also, my truck must be a good one because I consistently get 21mpg highway, and 15-17mpg city hand calculated, but I won't attribute all of that to the Diesel Kleen.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I usually use the Power Service Diesel Kleen (silver jug) available at Wal-mart for just under $12. bottle. It will treat either 150 or 300 gallons depending on the cetane boost you're wanting.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am using Power Service Diesel Kleen in my 06 LBZ. No real results to report as I am still on the first tank. I decided to use it based on boating experience. It is widely used on boat diesels with good results. Diesel engines will run great on 100% Diesel Kleen. A common practice on boat engines is to fill the secondary fuel filter with Diesel Kleen when you change it. This sends pure Diesel Kleen through the fuel system, giving it a good cleaning. As for quantity, I use it at the 6 cetane level. This is about 12 ounces per fill up. I went to Wally World and bought some MMO in the 12 ounce size. Using the MMO in my wifes Blazer in the fuel. Refilled the containers with Diesel Kleen. Now I have an easy to use container with a long neck, with a per measured amount. Someone knowledgable on the Duramax injectors may want to comment on running pure Diesel Kleen? I only know that Detroit injectors like it a lot!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I put in one ounce per three gallons of fuel. 24 gallons of fuel will get 8 oz of treatment
Same here I run about 10 oz. per 30 gallon fill, and i use the silver jug stuff too. The Diesel Kleen claims to contain no alcohol, but I don't think the Centane Boost (white bottle) does.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Both the Diesel Kleen(silver), and the Anti-gel(white) contain no alcohol.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Both the Diesel Kleen(silver), and the Anti-gel(white) contain no alcohol.
Ya know it really stinks, like it has a smell like i dont know what, alot of these additives say NO ALCOHOL but i wonder about that because there are so many alcohol derivatives,ya know what iam sayin ,with that bein harmful to the pump how can we be sure, i guess the track record of users for alot of miles kinda tells the story, i know sum of em have either in um,we can make either junkys out of are Ds with that stuff!
:D
I did see a little more spunk within five minutes of puttin it in there, guess thats the stink iam talkin about:)

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm like most - I use the white in winter & silver in summer - 16 ounces per tank (about 25 gal +/- per fill up.)

It does have a strong odor - had a bottle leak in the cab & took over a week to get the odor out - don't light a cigarette!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm like most - I use the white in winter & silver in summer - 16 ounces per tank (about 25 gal +/- per fill up.)

It does have a strong odor - had a bottle leak in the cab & took over a week to get the odor out - don't light a cigarette!!!
Man,i just used 8 ounces in 20 gallons ,but i guess iam alittl conserative,and also a rookie at this right now.

i carried mine in a box back in the bed....didnt wanna take any chances.he he

·
Registered
241 Posts
i have put some of the power service "diesel 911" for already gelled fuel in before because my store was out of the white bottle, i could tell imediate difference in starting and idleing

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
You know the "911" has alcohol in it, right??

·
Registered
26 Posts
ok follow my math here as i may be a little.... slow here.......:rolleyes:

PS Diesel Kleen (silver bottle) 32 oz

for 100 gallon treatment (3 cetane):
100 gal / 32 oz bottle = 3.125 gallons of diesel per ounce

for 50 gallon treatment (6 cetane):
50 gal / 32 oz bottle = 1.5625 gallons of diesel per ounce

if i am correct, i was adding 4 oz to 1/2 tank (12 to 13 gallons). 3.25 gallons diesel per ounce. I will say this, the stuff really works even at the 3 cetane level on summer blend. Wish I knew where to find the cetane level for the diesel i buy. (it is not on the pump and is irving diesel usually) I am running fppf total power now in winter but will be switching to the PS artic white bottle because i cannot find the fppf cetane boost bottle to make the kennedy ****tail. (yes i know I can buy it online but do not need a case. it would take me forever to use it at 22000 miles a year). I went to every big rig dealer in town and there are a few here in northern maine and every one had PS so that tells me something right there. :ro)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok follow my math here as i may be a little.... slow here.......:rolleyes:

PS Diesel Kleen (silver bottle) 32 oz

for 100 gallon treatment (3 cetane):
100 gal / 32 oz bottle = 3.125 gallons of diesel per ounce

for 50 gallon treatment (6 cetane):
50 gal / 32 oz bottle = 1.5625 gallons of diesel per ounce

if i am correct, i was adding 4 oz to 1/2 tank (12 to 13 gallons). 3.25 gallons diesel per ounce. I will say this, the stuff really works even at the 3 cetane level on summer blend. Wish I knew where to find the cetane level for the diesel i buy. (it is not on the pump and is irving diesel usually) I am running fppf total power now in winter but will be switching to the PS artic white bottle because i cannot find the fppf cetane boost bottle to make the kennedy ****tail. (yes i know I can buy it online but do not need a case. it would take me forever to use it at 22000 miles a year). I went to every big rig dealer in town and there are a few here in northern maine and every one had PS so that tells me something right there. :ro)
Yup zackly, i know what ya mean ,power service and fttp are very popular at the truck stops and so is Howes and marvil mistery stuff. I think that says thats what truckers are runnin--i think maybe its partially for mileage and antigel if there goin north, but ya know they never shut off there up and down the highway,my truck sits more than it runs by far 90 sit 10 drive,i need whats best for this situation,whats best for me half or full tank??

·
Registered
668 Posts
Just picked up a bottle

Thanks for all the good info, I just picked up a bottle yesterday of the PS silver bottle and will be using it next fill up. From what I have read this should work good. I picked it up at Kragen auto parts and it was 7.99 per bottle. New to diesels so I am still learning. Thanks for all the good info.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for all the good info, I just picked up a bottle yesterday of the PS silver bottle and will be using it next fill up. From what I have read this should work good. I picked it up at Kragen auto parts and it was 7.99 per bottle. New to diesels so I am still learning. Thanks for all the good info.
I found 32 oz white bottles on sale at VIP for 3.99 each. Bought a case of 12. They're 4.99 every day. NAPA sells them for 6.99. Don't know about the silver bottle prices.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts