Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what do we think about this? This was posted as a question on the rv.net forum:

"I recieved a notice from my Dealer that they now offer a Diesel Injection Service. They say this is a new thing. they do the following:
1. Perform a service that chemicaly removes accumulated deposits from the entire fuel system including lines, injector pump, and fuel injectors.
2. Deposits will also be removed from combustion chambers.

The cost for this is about $135.

I have not heard of this before so I wanted to post it and get a few remarks from others about it. Is it worth while? is the price decent? How often should it be done? thanks in advance for any feedback"

I think it's a stealer scam. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
511 Posts
My first reaction is scam also. I'm just running the standyne performance and hoping it takes care of any issues.

The biggest problem with diesel fuel systems seems to be injector lubrication and this 'service' will do nothing for that....

I dunno...

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
you'd be better off runnning a tank of biodiesel and changing the filter a little more frequently after

·
Registered
139 Posts
Actually an injector flush service is a good idea and that price ain't bad either. the whole point behind the injector flush is to clean out sediment from the injectors and prevent rusting internally, also the injector flow rate is improved. The 6.6 injector flush was recently approved by GM for these 3 reasons. BG and MOC make diesel injector flush kits now. and our dealership has validated the claims of improved injector flow rates after the flush............

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I have seen the BG stuff, not sure about it, As I am leary about doing that type of thing... I may have to loook into it as Scott seems to like it... By the Way, Welcome Scott, aka GMworldclassmaster!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for the welcome........A customer from our dealership though i should check this out. I have ASE master in automotive repair, ASE in body structural repair,PPG certified in paint and refinish, GM world class master certified (9 master certs). I don't know every thing, but if i don't know i will find out.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A big welcome to GM world class; thanks for the info. I am going to wait to transfer any info to the rv site until a few more chime in here as right now we have a "good idea" and a "leery". But this is why we have the pros here answering questions for us.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think if you run Stanadyne every tank you take care of build up before it starts, plus the lube. Its the way I'm going anyhow.

·
Registered
692 Posts
intake clean I dont buy that every d/max intake I have seen is clean.now injector clean ok. I have been recomending to my customers to use valvoline new in tank additative. seems to be working good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts