Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many other members are sitting around waiting and waiting for their new truck to show up due to the diesel hold by GM? Howard called yesterday and explained my truck was pulled from the railcar and inspected for some sort of sealer issue and then sent to Rousch for repairs or something? Just curious if I was the only one that is tired
of waiting....Only to find that instead of GM shipping my truck last month like they were supposed to they held it and didn't notify us???? If it wasn't for Howard my leasing company, dealer and myself would be sitting here wondering what the heck is going on....

Just trying to see if anyone else out there is feeling my pain...

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
There are a few. There is an issue with the injectors IIRC. I'll see if I can dig up the post for you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I have heard some conflicting info now from what GM has told our fleet company so now I don't know what to believe. GM told our fleet company my particular truck has been shipped to me but Howard thinks it was just sent to Rousch for some work.. Boy oh Boy this is getting frustrating..
. I am getting the new LLY to replace my Lemon of a Dodge and it seems like near impossible to get it.. I ordered this months ago... I sure do hope it comes in soon. We are in Seattle and according to GM my truck left MI via rail on the 30th of April. About 16 days later than it was supposed to...Hmmm. Wonder if GM is blowing smoke or what... From what I hear, Howard is the man with the "contacts" so I tend to believe his info more... Anyone received a truck that was on "hold" yet?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Stop sittin around and go buy one--lots around here got plenty of them--course I am in MI and they build 'em right up the road!

·
Registered
687 Posts
We're building them here in Pontiac and at Flint. Not sure if they are sitting, but I doubt it, otherwise we wouldn't be building them.... Probably just caught in the back log. Remember.... Good things come to those who wait. This is a GOOD THING your waiting on!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Believe me, after waiting this long, I would just go buy one if I could. We originally ordered it because the dealers around here like to order the trucks without everything on them. When Im buying a truck to KEEP (unlike my 02 dodge), I want everything it can have!! Thats why the D/A Chev.

Unfortunately, we already paid for the one that we ordered so we are a bit SOL. Just hoping someone that had the holdup had received theirs by now.

I know it will be worth it but 3.5 months? I hope they caught everything with this holdup. I'll post when I hear from Howard or GM again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've heard about the LLY hold on this site, but here in Dallas the trucks keep rolling off the transports. Mine came in 4 weeks ago fresh off the assy line. While I was at the dealership today, a couple more diesel duallies showed up. These also fresh off the line.... HMMM

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZZ4x4 - Im hoping Howard was wrong about my LLY... I gave my POS Dodge back to my leasing guy and said... "give me something else to drive until my Chev gets here". I bought that darn truck for 38k put another 10k into the lift and accessories and then LOST my a*s on the trade-in. Lets put it this way,I have BAD luck when it comes to trucks... and it aint from being cheap! Luckily, my new leasing guy is a friend and gave me a steal deal on this LLY. Now if I could just get it here!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I hear ya. It's kinda strange. When I started looking, one dealership told me that there would be no more 04 diesels produced and I better snatch up one on his lot (LB7s). I told him I wanted a color other than what he had and I wanted an LLY. Two other dealerships were not able to locate or trade for the truck I wanted. The last dealership I went to found a truck in production which matched my "wants" exactly and managed to lock it in. Since then , as I said, the dealership has received more. I guess it's possible that your special order is still in production and I managed to sneak one ahead of yours...

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was given a TPW of 4/26 when I ordered mine on 3/23. It was originally supposed to ship on the 30th, but apparently shipped on the 6th. It's sitting on the dealer's lot now, so hang in there. I hope to pick it up after work tomorrow.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i was given a tpw of 4/26 also when i ordered on 3/11 but the truck was built on 5/4 instead it however was supposed to ship on 5/7 so that gives me hope my truck should be here in a few days here in new york

1 - 12 of 12 Posts