Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've rented the 1/8 th mi. track in Mooresville, N.C. on January 21 st . Dyno will be up and running by 9:00 a.m. ($40.00 ) The track will run from 12:00 to 3:00 p.m. (longer if we need to) Entry will be $15 to $20 ??(according to turn-out). No payouts, just-4-fun.(grudge match's, etc.) Any questions, call me @ 704-791-0268. Hope to see ya there, Ed. BTW, concession stand will NOT be open. Also, it would help me plan if I knew how many to expect, so let me hear from you:) !

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
i may have to go to florida that weekend to pick up a car. if not i will be there. whats the name of the track? so i can get some directions.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Could i bring something non-diesel too? :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
my truck is stock but i would like to come and watch and learn

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gasser's welcome too! (even 4-wheelers)......and so are stock trucks with 'green' drivers!!:D

come-on and join in!

BTW, we've got a chef for the day!
photographer will be there(still, video and t-shirts)
mobile dyno will be a 'Dyno-jet' ($50.00 though)

Ed.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the G.T.G. now has a name......."Carolina Diesel Rally"

·
Registered
612 Posts
sounds good to me ... will make every effort to get there ... my truck ain't stock but both of us are too old for racing :eek:: so will be there to meet folks and watch

Jim

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like we are going to have a real good turn-out, so I'm having the dyno ready by 8:00 a.m.:ro)

Rain-date is Jan.28th.

See-ya', Ed.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
i'll be there around noon

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
weather channel says its raining there now :(

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you are correct sir!

We had a lot of folks there waiting to see if the rain would hold off but it just wasn't going to happen.

Raindate is Jan. 28th ....same time, same place, etc.

Thanks for showing up. See-ya next week. Ed.

·
Registered
355 Posts
hey Ed I don't know if you remember me. we had a few phone conversations a few months ago about my 6.0 I wanted to get rid of for either a 7.3 or a D,max. well I bought a LBZ last Saturday, & glad to see you got rained out. so I will see if I can come to Mooresville. ca I bring one of my cars to run also?

Steve

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steve, bring that lil' ol' 6-banger with the hair dryer!!:ro) :ro)
We will have a few street cars to keep things interesting!:D

See-ya there, Ed.

BTW, I do have a back-up INDOOR location for the dyno if we get rained out again.(bout' 15 min. from the track.)

·
Registered
355 Posts
the wife just reminded me that Sat. is our 16th anniversary.:eek: but I think I can talk her into going. as for the car I have to chase a temp sensor wire problem down. damn thing is showing 264* constantly.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
EDD!!

Hey man I will try to make it and see if I can con a few more into coming. I wouldn't mind runing my truck again to see what she will do, plus I need a better video of my dyno pull from Rockingham so I might have to cough up the 50.00 for some more low numbers. Also this is off topic but a guy here in Sanford is in the process of building a sled pulling track that will be runing the first Sunday of every month. We still need to find a sled though.

·
Registered
355 Posts
had a good time, well everything except developing a fuel leak @ #3 inj., leaning out cyl #3, & either melting a head gasket or worse a piston ring. :mad: I hear stroker motor calling:beerchug:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Steve! what was that best E.T. with the new LBZ????..........9.7????

·
Registered
355 Posts
2.117 60'
9.912 660'
67.685 mph
this was not a hard launch, the truck only has 504 miles on it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
still....not bad for a brand new DUALLY!

Man I wish I could have taken a closer look @ that ol' 6-banger...........all the guy's got a big kick out of watching your car!:ro) :ro) ......nicely done sir;) .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts