Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought diesel fuel last week at $1.65/gallon and the same station is now at $1.95/gallon. My whole town is running ~$1.89-1.99/gallon at the lower cost places. They have all gone crazy on the prices. Not that I want to feel bad, but what are you guys seeing around the country as far as an increase in the last week? This is ridiculous BS. I thought diesel fuel prices were supposed to be more stable than gasoline.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Filled up last ( about a week ago ) at Wally-World Super Center @ $1.449 with Wally-World Gift Card.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
$1.37 low $1.42 high in Okla Low is at your major truck stops. Whats funny, a major intersection on I 40 west of OKC OK has a truck stop on all 4 corners and they are constantly in a war, to far for me to drive I paid $1.40 last sat

Geno

·
Registered
247 Posts
$1.54 at a Truck Stop on the north side of Minneapolis.

·
Registered
713 Posts
1.67 at the Southern States in Frederick, MD

What gets me, is that in NJ, it's cheaper, and they pump it for you!

·
Registered
105 Posts
1.37 to 1.51 in Tennessee. and on the rise

·
Banned
394 Posts
HELL I JUST RUN RED..........YEAH YEAH I KNOW ALOTA WHATIFS BUT ITS NOT THE FIRST LAW I BROKE SO O WELL

·
Registered
196 Posts
Being new to Diesel this may sound stupid. I know that gas cannot be purchased in bulk as it degrades, and requires a stabilizer. Lets say I want to go to somewhere were fuel is cheaper and buy, say about 6 55 gallon barrels, and store them in my garage. Will it go bad, also with summer just around the corner do you suppose there may be any problem with it being stored in a 120-130 deg garage?

Just some what if's

BTW #2 here is $1.85+

·
Registered
509 Posts
$1.57 to 1.60+ in Anchorage. $1.67 out in the valley where I live. I imagine it's close to $2.00 or more in the interior.

·
Registered
212 Posts
1.599 to 1.679 here in dallas TX

·
Registered
290 Posts
$1.59 to $1.85 in my area. Cheapest fuel is at the indian colony gas station/smoke shop (Sinclair), but anything is better than the state west of here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1FEB04 $1.62/GAL

10FEB04 $1.52/GAL

15FEB04 $1.55/GAL

25FEB04 $1.58/GAL

All at Love's Truck Stops I-40 in Tennessee Exit 87

This includes a $0.21 tax that goes to the road fund that put Tennessee #1 in the votes by American over the road trucker's last year. Too bad the Governor has cut back over 10% in road funds in the past year and a half and taking these taxes away from TNDOT. His good grace and our bumpier rides, I rest my case.

·
Registered
94 Posts
As I suspected, we are being ripped once again in California! at 45 cents a gallon difference, you'd think someone would have competitive prices in CA, but not when you have a price fixing oligopoly that has been fixing gas and diesel prices for the better part of the last two decades at work.... and no one in government with the balls to do anything about it!

It makes me fume just thinking about it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
65Bowtie said:
Being new to Diesel this may sound stupid. I know that gas cannot be purchased in bulk as it degrades, and requires a stabilizer. Lets say I want to go to somewhere were fuel is cheaper and buy, say about 6 55 gallon barrels, and store them in my garage. Will it go bad, also with summer just around the corner do you suppose there may be any problem with it being stored in a 120-130 deg garage?

Just some what if's

BTW #2 here is $1.85+

If your local Fire Department finds out about 6 fifty-five gallon drums of fuel in your garage, you won't have to worry about whether or not it goes bad, just the disposal fee for hazardous waste.....

It's really not a good idea.....

Diesel was $1.59 here today, regular gas was $1.64.Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
26 Posts
It dropped to $1.599 at a high volume BP station in Belpre, OH about 2 weeks ago. It had been $1.699.

·
Registered
290 Posts
SteveCA said:
As I suspected, we are being ripped once again in California! at 45 cents a gallon difference, you'd think someone would have competitive prices in CA, but not when you have a price fixing oligopoly that has been fixing gas and diesel prices for the better part of the last two decades at work.... and no one in government with the balls to do anything about it!

I'll venture to guess that the tax'us/spend'us democrats of your state are to thank for a hefty gas tax.

·
Registered
398 Posts
SteveCA said:

Get your governor to terminate those fuel prices.

On Edit: Fuel prices here on the east side of lower Michigan have been running about 1.59 per gallon. This is for BPEdited by: John R

1 - 20 of 91 Posts