Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the post says.....

Any good diesel dealers in MD?...I've been to Fox, Timonium, and Anderson GMC. None of them seem very into the diesel scene. I know MD is a tough state for diesel guys but maybe there's a cool GM tech on this forum I can talk to instead of the preppy little service rep or manager im stuck talking to.....

BTW.....

Any events or GTG's in the area?.....

Baltimore or NORVA. I live in B-more and work in Falls Church Va....

Not exactly a hotspot for oilburners but lemme know if ur out there...!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live in Bel Air just north of Baltimore. I bought my truck from Fox and they weren't able to tell me much about diesels when I bought it. I haven't had the need to go back to the dealer yet. I know there is Diesel Connection up on 152 and 95 if you need something other than warranty work. They are nice guys.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Criswell

Criswell has an entire truck section that deals in the medium duty as well. They hook up most of us farmers in the area.
Johnny

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Diesel connection does awsome work!!!!! Ask for Tom . He has done alot to my motorhome and we have always been happy.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
If you come to or want to come to Fox Timonium, have to ask for me to work on the truck. Without knowing that, service writters will try to bring diesels in and get some of the other guys to look at them when I am backed up and ends up shorting you guys on the service received. Right now I am fairly slow, so I can get to them pretty quick right now. What are you looking to get done?

·
Registered
559 Posts
THE place to go to is Jeff Barnes Chevrolet in Eldersburg. They are a small place, but they will go far out of their way to please.

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM CRISWELL AS POSSIBLE !!!

I bought my truck from Criswell. It was damaged every time it went there! After two oil changes it had to go back for two new bumper covers and two trips to their body shop for paint repairs. One day they kept me there for a whole day! They screwed me around for a year, trying to find an engine problem. One time I picked it up and they'd been rooting through my glovebox, had reassembled my radio, and there was uneaten food in it!!!!! They gave me a T-shirt for my troubles. Nothing at all against the farmers, but maybe they don't mind their paint getting scratched, their bumper covers being gouged, oil dripping from the underneath, and on one visit over 100 miles added with food on the floor and an empty fuel tank left behind.

Then I took it to Barnes. They spent 3 days diagnosing and found the problem! They really went out of their way and are the only reason I didn't park this truck in the Patomac. The problem was a chafed wire.
They are also reasonable about mods - they just don't want to see them hooked up. They just had a truck on their lot with a Banks exhaust and tuner - and sold it WITH a warranty.

Right now they do what little work I won't do myself (and only because this is my first diesel).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts