Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I need some help trouble shooting the def system on my 2013 chevy duramax. I have been getting the CEL code P0420 and P20EE on and off for a several months now. Meaning the light would come on for one or the other code for about a few days then go away and not come back on for a month or so then come back on. A few months ago go I received the P01F0 code with the P20EE code. So I changed the thermostats and all was good for about a month then rcieved the P2BAD code for a week or so then went off. It came on again a couple of weeks ago and did not go off this time. After about a week or so it's also threw code P20EE for a few days before P249D came on. My truck is now limited to 65 mph speed for another 60 miles until it will reduce to 55 MPH. I only have a code reader so unable to do any diagnostics on my own. Looking for help on what the issue may be and if can be repaired without tech tool.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention in the post above that I received the diesel exhaust fluid quality poor about a month ago when I received th P2BAD code, but only came on for about 40 miles but cleared and did not come back on till a few days ago after the P20EE code came on. The previous time I added 2.5 gallons of new def after it had gone off. This time didn't add any new def because it should be fairly full. I also always use blue def that meet the ISO certification, so have a hard time believing it is the def fluid quality. Any help would be appreciated

·
Administrator
15,957 Posts
I forgot to mention in the post above that I received the diesel exhaust fluid quality poor about a month ago when I received th P2BAD code, but only came on for about 40 miles but cleared and did not come back on till a few days ago after the P20EE code came on. The previous time I added 2.5 gallons of new def after it had gone off. This time didn't add any new def because it should be fairly full. I also always use blue def that meet the ISO certification, so have a hard time believing it is the def fluid quality. Any help would be appreciated
Have you tested the DEF with a refractometer? That will rule out bad DEF

When DEF is exposed to air it will crystalize/contaminate the fluid and has a shelf life.. check clarity

·
Administrator
15,957 Posts
No I have not tested. Is there a way to test the fluid without dropping the tank?
Run a small hose down into the DEF tank and siphon out some fluid for sampling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts