Diesel Place banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone premix their diesel additive in a soda bottle to keep until you fill up?

I took a plastic coke bottle and mixed 8oz of Power Service and 8oz of 2 cycle oil and have it bouncing around in my bed to test for leaking, durability, reactions.

Anyone try this yet?

· Registered
2,536 Posts
Just started doing the same thing only in quart oil bottles. 10oz. additive then top off with 2 cycle oil. I dump the whole quart before each fill up and trash the bottle. Usually keep about 5 or 6 ready to go.

· Registered
502 Posts
I worry about kids thinking that stuff in Coke bottles is something good to drink. I think it is a great idea but the oil bottles would/could eliminate a potential safety issue.

· Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took the label off and wrote OIL on it. I was thinking about quart bottles of oil, but then I'd actually have to pay attention when i pour it in to only use half.

· Registered
3,316 Posts
i drink a lot of water so at any given moment there are a good 10-15 empty bottles of water in the back of my truck.

what i do is open one up, whip it a few times to get most the water out, then fill it about half-way (20oz waterbottle, so half is a LITTLE over what i need) with stanadyne and throw it in the back of the truck and empty it when i get to the station.

· Registered
2,907 Posts
Am I missing something here,I always have either a small or large bottle of Howes in my bed,next to all my other oils,lubes,etc???

· Registered
623 Posts
My brother's girlfriend drinks bottled water that comes in 16.9 oz bottles. I get her to save them. Fill one with 2 stroke and another with 8oz stanadyne and 8oz 2 stroke. Dump in both with fill up. It's alot cheaper buying stanadyne by the 1/2 gal. Pre-measured is easier than dumping out the jugs.

· Registered
274 Posts
Storage for additive

Personally, I would not use pop bottles as they are pretty fragile compared to oil quart bottles. The caps are also fragile. You can write the ingredients on the bottles with a permanent felt tip marker. I have a smaller squirt bottle for my 2 cycle mix that I use during high temperatures.

· Registered
874 Posts
I use the Stanadyne Performance and Lubricity formulas in mine. I bought two Sta-Bil bottles because they have the measuring thing on the bottle. I look at the DIC and see how much fuel was burned and then measure what I need and dump it in the tank. I wrote on the bottle how much is needed for 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 gallons. I have a small card board box that I keep in the tool box that the bottles ride in so they will not tip over. This way you can buy the half gallons and just keep your small bottle full.

· Registered
3,316 Posts
not a lot fragile about plastic water bottles with a plastic cap. i can throw one of those things as high as i can filled with water and when it lands, 9 times out of ten it won't hit the cap and explode.

as far as the durability of the bottle when exposed to the additive - who cares? the premeasure the stuff probably 20 minutes before i dump it out.

i buy it in the 1/2gal jugs.

· Registered
519 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.