Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I, should I, use Dielectric grease in the connections for the Engine wiring harness and chassis harness connections?

Been reading about allot of weird truck problems that turn out to be voltage / corrosion issues. e.g. NSBU switch connector corrosion.

I've always used it on all my cars/trucks in the past, none were as complex or finiky as this thing.

Thanks.

Ian

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think it works

I have used dielectric grease in moderation to solve several connection problems. I have solved problems on agricultural equipment with dielectric grease. Many of the systems are canbus and quite sensitive to corrosion/resistance issues. The weatherpac connections are not immune to moisture. I also had issues with the connections to the fuel regulator on my LB7. A coating of Dielectric grease solved that issue. In fact when I disconnect any connection I always coat the contacts with Die/grease.

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
You can never go wrong with dielectric. The only prob I see is people using it in tow plugs and it collects dirt,dust, I use brake cleen to flush out old stuff and grime then put fresh dielectric back in. Its great stuff

·
Registered
351 Posts
Is there something better you would recommend in trailer plugs? I use it in mine (snowmobile trailer) and it does a fantastic job at preventing the salt from getting to the pins. But, it does get messy and needs to be cleaned out from time to time. If there is something better I could be using, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
No its the best

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Always use die electric goo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts