Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Minnesota and turned 200k on the way back. Most of you have read my previous reports so I will just cover the basics.

Still on all the original brakes, still on my second set of tires, repairs have been 2 axle seals, and a power mirror. All services have been done as the dic says. Fuel economy still stinks (in my opinion), but is better than a new powerstroke and close to a new Cummins. Overall its been a great truck, hope to keep reporting for atleast another 200k.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thats awsome! im at 29k since july....

·
Registered
493 Posts
haulin-rv;1581299; said:
Just got back from Minnesota and turned 200k on the way back. Most of you have read my previous reports so I will just cover the basics.

Still on all the original brakes, still on my second set of tires, repairs have been 2 axle seals, and a power mirror. All services have been done as the dic says. Fuel economy still stinks (in my opinion), but is better than a new powerstroke and close to a new Cummins. Overall its been a great truck, hope to keep reporting for atleast another 200k.
What kind of milage you getting unloaded. I am only at about 8k and average ~15.5 mpg unloaded and ~8 loaded.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Great....You gonna run it as long as you can? Wonder if it will last to 350,000 before any major engine work?

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
923 Posts
Sweet! I am only at 22 K You win! :bow::hail::bow::hail::bow: :hail::bow:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congradulations!!:beerchug:

·
Registered
468 Posts
haulin-rv;1581299; said:
Fuel economy still stinks (in my opinion), but is better than a new powerstroke and close to a new Cummins.
Give it time...... the milege gets better after they're broken in. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Yes! in my opinion you win. I hope I am a winner too. If not I'll just rebuild and move on. My 95 GMC Z-71 ec/sb had 245,000 when we sold it last year to a neighbor and have to see it every day!

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
That's nuts. It's an 06 with 200K. How long do you usually keep your trucks?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I would suspect that this is mostly pulling....right? WOW, thats a lot of miles.

I have just turned 15K on my truck which is about 10 months old. It is nice to see that things are going well for you and the LBZ.

Thank you for the update,

Mark:)

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
wow 200k:eek:

i only manage 20k on my truck since july06

congrats

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congratulations! Now we have a winner.

My 06 11 month old just turn 22k with zero, nada, problemo except this afternoon an idiot side swipe my driver side rear fender while it is park. It also damage my rear bumper and need replacement. Damage is approx $3k

·
Registered
146 Posts
floriduramax1;1581506; said:
Yes! in my opinion you win. I hope I am a winner too. If not I'll just rebuild and move on. My 95 GMC Z-71 ec/sb had 245,000 when we sold it last year to a neighbor and have to see it every day!

Yep. I've got a 99 Tahoe, 4wd w/180k and minimal, normal replacements/wear on it but well maintained. Looks near new inside and out. Also have a 02 LB-7 w/92k on it, no pulling, no chips, etc. and I'm sure wondering if Diesels are worth what we pay for them.

Having said that, I bought it (LB-7) with the intention of pulling a travel trailer but never did. Love the truck, no problems, but went far beyond what I needed when you consider the $. Wished I'd have kept my 94 Z-71 (Old Brownie w/210k) and just fixed him when needed. Call it "buyer's remorse"?

I'm gonna sell it, I think. I just don't use it like was intended to be.

Now!! Son-in-Law has an LB-Z, runs it hard, real hard, and pulls it daily in his construction business. Good truck. Real good truck and has 110k on it already w/no problems except for the chirping belt thingie. I just misplaced my purchase compared to his and others here. A stock LB-Z/alli/c.c/4wd is near perfection in my reckoning. For the working man/woman, that is.

mudbug

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thats awesome. Do you live in your truck? LOL. I thought I was bad, I bought my truck in Sept and have put over 20k on it so far (I still grin every time I get in it). I average a little over 1,000 miles a week, I will be at 200k in about 4 yrs. YOU WIN.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Damn...that truck must have a serious arese grove in the driver's seat...congrats

1 - 20 of 62 Posts