Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my truck finally after a 6-7 week wait. It does not have the steering wheel with the controls on it. How can I access the functions on the DIC, I can press the trip button and it changes from odometer, trip, hour meter. I thought I read somewhere that you could use the radio but the owners manual is vague at best and dosn't address using the radio. I have the Bose stereo in my truck with automatic climate control. Can I simply buy a steering wheel with the controls and it work? Is the steering colum pre wired? When I turn it on it also displays "driver one"

If swapping the steering wheel will work about how much does one run?

thanks
Edited by: 65Bowtie

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
I think that you should contact the dealer where you purchased your truck and find out why it does not have that steering wheel. I was under the impression that they all came with it. The change over should you have to do it will not cost much. Column should be prewired. Not sure why you did not get the controls and why they did not say anything about that to you. HUH. Let us know how is turns out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The General says 'Why give away steering wheel controls when you can charge 125 bucks for em" Nuf said.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
sycloneGuy is right, the steering wheel controls are optional....

There is supposed to be a way to get at them, but I didn't pay much attention to that section of the Owner's Manual since I bought the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
473 Posts
You can download a copy of the owners manual in PFD format at MyGMLink.com. A lot easier to read as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
100 Posts
BIGMoe,

Great link! But I still say real men don't need no steeenkin Owner's Manual. We can screw it up all by ourselves!!

Dave

·
Registered
473 Posts
sycloneGuy,

I will have to agree with you 100%. I had a High School industrial arts teacher that had a big sign on the wall, it said:

When All Else Fails Follow Instructions!!!!

And there are times I actually do that, if you asked my wife she would say "Very Few Times"

MoeEdited by: BIGMoe

·
Registered
473 Posts
conradv,

Thanks conradv, as you can see I did better in Industrial Arts than I did in Spelling!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Moe,

Thats pretty scarey. If there is no echo in here, we must be married to the same woman. GO FIGURE!!

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts