Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering about my DIC and my fuel light? My DIC says I have 35km left and my fuel light hasn't even come on yet and when looking at the fuel gauge it is just starting to touch the red. What should I believe? Should I wait till the fuel light comes on and see if it runs out of fuel? Just wondering if anyone elses truck is like this.
Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
My truck does the same thing. I had the DIC say that the Range was 10 miles. The low fuel light never went on and when I filled it up. It only took 21 gallons.

Another time the range showed zero, the fuel light went on and it took 23 gallons to fill it.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
The "Low Fuel Light' is affectionately known as the "Outta Fuel light". When it goes on - there ain't a whole lot left!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
skoryaro2;1602971; said:
Low "Low Fuel Light' is affectionately know as the "Outta Fuel light". When it goes on - there ain't a whole lot left!
That's funny on my 04 D-Max I had I looked down knowing I had to get fuel to see the light come on and by the time I looked up at the road my truck was running out. The gas station was only about 4km down the road. LOLOLOL But my 06 D-Max would go about 35km on the light well that was as far as I had pushed it not that I had a choice LOLOL. But the 07 I am not to sure about?

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
My light has come on and it's dinging away for me to stop, but when I fill up I can only squeeze in 22 gallons before it's coming out the filler neck.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
don't rely on either. when you get to just below a quarter, look for fuel as it will save you many of headaches later, should you get some bad fuel everytime over a period of time. Algae is bad and as long as you skim the bottom of the tank, you subject your vehicle to the possibilities of water and algae.

·
Registered
14 Posts
my o4 LB7 had great range and the DIC was pretty accurate. My 07 LBZ (still on first tank of fuel) Full Tank and the DIC says I have a range of 149 miles! I sure hope its not accurate or that will be some horrible fuel mileage....

·
Registered
190 Posts
The farthest I have ever pushed mine with the light on is 17 miles...Won't ever do that again as long as I live...I was super paranoid the whole time....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts