Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find all these alternate ways to do things on the DIC without the steering wheel contols? (reset fuel filter/oil filter change, etc)I can't find anything in the manual. Is there a list of all these special features? (Pump brake pedal 3 times, fart twice, eject the cd, turn key on 3 times, kinda thing)
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
:funnypost :rotflmao:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I've never found farting twice to do anything except make my passengers faces get an odd look.

Jim

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Pump the brake three times with the key on, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
they are in the diesel supplement in the manual from what I remember. Hold accel to floor with key on and tap brake 3 times in 20 seconds is elevated idle. key on and accel to floor three time in 20 seconds is oil life i think.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they are in the diesel supplement in the manual from what I remember. Hold accel to floor with key on and tap brake 3 times in 20 seconds is elevated idle. key on and accel to floor three time in 20 seconds is oil life i think.
Are those the only two things you can do? I didn't get a diesel suppliment with my truck

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
I have found that farting twice allows me to turn up the radio as loud as I want.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also have an LB7, so I don't think the high idle works, right?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:thankyou2

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Yes...it does work Carver, but you have to install the high idle kit from Eric at Merchant. It's $10 and installs in about an hour. Follow the ECM install directions on Kennedy Diesel's website for the LB7 and the brake switch install for the LLY in the DIY folder. You insert the high idle wire into C1-71 terminal on the blue ECM plug, run the wire to the brake switch under the dash, then use a scotch lock and splice the wire into the green wire with a white tracer coming out of the switch.

Done deal! Cruise switch gets you 1200 RPM and the resume switch gets you 1700 RPM.

I have it on my truck and love it!

I also have an LB7, so I don't think the high idle works, right?

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I have found that farting twice allows me to turn up the radio as loud as I want.
It also causes the windows to go down.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Yeah, but that's only a drawback this time of the year, or when it rains. Besides, if it happens often enough, the methane sensor (wife) becomes used to it, and the window down function doesn't always happen. ):h

·
Registered
207 Posts
Carver1, that's one of the best posts yet!!:D

·
Registered
681 Posts
I must say I'm surprised this thread went two pages without anyone making a comment about "DIC tricks"... Are you guys getting soft, or what??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts