Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how often the computer will recalibrate the average MPG setting?

Mine seems to stay in one place, does it change whenever you fill the fuel tank or does it average the instant MPG?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
It averages the trip guage. when you reset you trip or annual log... whatever its called. that will start over. Until you manually reset it it keeps avaeraging, and with more miles it becomes harder for it to move up and down.... hope that helps.....Mine is stuck at 16.9.... when pulling for a while it will go down to 16.7 and come back up from long work commutes........

·
Registered
154 Posts
John,

There are actually three different mpg settings depending what you have turned on/off. There is the overall mpg setting that continually averages the mpg and you can reset this by holding the select button. Then there is the Personal mpg setting if you use the personal selection as a trip meter and this resets the same as above when you reset the personal trip meter. Third is the Business mpg which works just like the Personal trip meter. Hope this helps

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts