Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of the performance adders (juice, quad, predator) still keep the DIC working (MPG)?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Not the juice or superchips!

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
The DIC will work with all modules. The fuel milage will not be accurate anymore with any of them. Nature of the beast.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just wanted to see if any of the modules actually reprogrammed the computer fuel maps or if they all just trick the computer into thinking it is putting less fuel out so that it can not track fuel useage properly.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
My friend ordered his plow truck without the DIC, and the dealer told him he could access it through the radio controls.... Well that is not true... Have anyone seen an aftermarket mod. that lets you access it?

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Without the steeringwheel controlls? Orwhithout the DIC? I dont think you can get one without the DIC.

I have been thinking of getting the touch controlls since I want access to the nifty features like milage. Otherwise all I get is the trip/hourmetter/odometer wich can be toggled with the little stick in the instument cluster. If you hold it it will reset it.Edited by: ratlover

·
Registered
958 Posts
Imagine the money somebody could made with a digital-display pod to access the DIC on trucks that didn't come with steering wheel controls..

I'm surprised that GM doesn't make people more aware of what the steering wheel controls DO, I'm sure alot more people would order trucks with that option. I know I wouldn't have bothered if I hadn't known about the DIC.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I'm still looking for a kit to give me a fully functioning DIC

I want it to be all factory....factory steering wheel and the works.....I too listened to my salesman.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
ratlover, have you talked to jpcustoms? I am not sure but I think you could add a new steering wheel, possibly a wiring harness or two and change some ECM settings with a tech II and I think you could have what you want. I think the biggest issue is that it would likely cost $1000++

·
Registered
958 Posts
Ouch, $1000+ for a ~70 option..

You could always go back to the stealer and try to get them to make it right.. It WAS the salesman's fault misleading you into thinking you were getting something that you weren't.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I am just guessing I might be way off. You might not be able to even do it. I would just assume that much knowing GM parts department. It might be really simple too. Perhaps just the steering wheen is all that is needed and a flash with the tech II. Like I said jpcustoms would be the ones to talk to. I think it could be done. I see no reason why it couldn't be.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I talked to them at one time and they said they would get back to me when they did it....never did. 1100

1 - 12 of 12 Posts