Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year while doing some volunteer work with Operation BBQ Reliief - after Hurricane Michael - i spotted one of these Diamondback covers on an OBR truck. I was impressed with the ability to walk/sit on them, mount tons of gear on top of them etc. Decided that when i got my new truck ii'd have one.

It's waterproof, both front and tail lid lock independently, it can hold 1,800 lbs on top of it. They are also designed for putting ATV's on them - although i won't be using it for that. I will strap other stuff to it. Other thiings i like - you can fold one of the halves completely over the other and tie it down - to open up 1/2 of the bed if you are hauling large items.

I also purchased what Diamondback calls a Cargobin 13. Basically like having a bed toolbox under the cover. Leaves 7 3/4 inches of clearance under the box - whiich simply rests on the bed rails in the 2020 GMC.

I've always had caps - had one soft tonneau cover on my 05 dmax - but not for long - no security in it.

Another thing i do like over the cap - this does not block any of the camera views from the back of the truck cab... much less the rear window. I'm sure days will come when ii want to haul something tall that takes the entire bed - and i'll miss the cap - but life is trade-offs i guess.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
That looks great!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts