Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any of you guys running it? Only thing I've heard so far has been a Bully Dog and a Banks. Just wondering how it compares in sound.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I,m about to find out!

I was sold on the Banks, But when I called Con to order My new AFE Stage 2, He talked me into getting the Diamond Eye system. He said he is running it on his truck, and is very satisfied with it, and really likes the sound too. Heck, I saved about half of what the Banks system costs. I can put that extra $ in another mod!

It'll be about 2 weeks of so before mine is on the truck. I'll post my opinion after I do the install.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I talked to con about it also.... sounds like a good buy.... Please report back and let us know what you think....

Thanks

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Do they (DiamondEye) have a website? Would like to see some tech/spec data on it ~ available in stainsless? Immediate vendors have the pricing stuff but rely on the manufacture to provide description/specs etc.Edited by: ShumDit

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put one on and it is fine, it is the cheapest price (I could find anyway) for a reason, no polished tip, regular clamps, not bands, etc... but it fit good, sounds good and I don't think my exhaust knows the difference

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
alankholic said:
I put one on and it is fine, it is the cheapest price (I could find anyway) for a reason, no polished tip, regular clamps, not bands, etc... but it fit good, sounds good and I don't think my exhaust knows the difference

How about performce? Egts?

·
Registered
26 Posts
on a mustang dyno, when I baselined my truck (no boxes etc) all I had on it was afe intake and the 4" exhaust and it was good for 10 hp at the wheels based on the dmax that went before me that was completely stock, this of course was a different truck so 10hp is just a calculation that is arguable so take it or leave it, as for egt's, I put in the exhaust and pyro at the same time so I don't have a "before" temp, 1350 with va 110, max, hope that helps

·
Registered
224 Posts
Everytime I see this thread title I can't help but laugh.. Go from a straight pipe to the above mentioned exhaust and you have a new tv show.. - Diamond Eye for the straight guy!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Alankoholic and fireman:

Now that you've owned this exhaust for a while, do you have any additional comments on it regarding installation, noise, corrosion, etc.?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Kartattack said:
Alankoholic and fireman:

Now that you've owned this exhaust for a while, do you have any additional comments on it regarding installation, noise, corrosion, etc.?

I decided to not use the muffler that came with the system, and to straight pipe it instead. I am very satisfied with the setup.

Kevin
Edited by: Fireman

·
Registered
646 Posts
OK, thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Kartattack,

I also bought a 5"x22" polished SS tip from Con, It adds a really nice look...Besides, the tip is about the only part of the system you see unless you actually bend down to look under the truck.

Kevin

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thanks, Kevin.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Kartattack said:
Thanks, Kevin.

No problem...I hope I could be of some help.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Road Boss said:
Fireman, do you have any pictures of your set up?

I hope to have some pictures in a week or so, my digital camera is on the fritz, and I need to get a new one soon. Then all I have to do is figure out how to post them.
Computer literate I'm not! LOL

Kevin

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kartattack said:
Alankoholic and fireman:

I'm happy, no rattles, I like the sound, too early for corrosion, also I painted the exhaust where I burnt off the aluminized coating from cutting/welding for installing pac brake, since I have an extended cab, short box, I had an extra piece (same kit for crew cab, long box) that I got powder coated black for the tip.

Edited by: alankholic

1 - 20 of 22 Posts