Diesel Place banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
That's really odd Summit racing would stop selling these kits. I purchased a kit from them back in December and paid right at $300 including shipping. part number for Diamond eye is K4102A
Maybe its a case of can't sell what they can't get??

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
438 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Guess I have to find another source for complete exhaust.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Email from Summit today, now the date is july 28

·
Registered
694 Posts
I emailed about the ship date, they said they expect the exhaust on July 28, so do I wait or pay more somewhere else. Won't use the truck much between now and then but its getting pretty loud as its got a big hole before muffler.

·
Administrator
19,018 Posts
I emailed about the ship date, they said they expect the exhaust on July 28, so do I wait or pay more somewhere else. Won't use the truck much between now and then but its getting pretty loud as its got a big hole before muffler.
I would contact them back and ask if they have anything in stock that would fit your application.
If they say yes I would have them ship what is in stock to you rather than having to wait until the end of July and be told of another delay

·
Registered
694 Posts
I don't think Summit has any other system for a 6.5 or at least one that cheap. I might a SS one form another supplier and then not worry about replacing it ever again.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Why dont you contact Diamond eye. To find out if, and when they are going to do a production run of 6.5 exhaust. . They are most likely waiting for enough orders to make it worth their while to do a production run. Their response may help you make your decision. Also. Have you checked Ebay? there are usually 6.5 systems for sale. What about Flow Pro exhaust they sell both SS and steel. Prices are a higher than DE. But not too bad.
With the supply chain all messed up. There is both a metal, and plastic pipe shortage. So materials may be in short supply. Might have to take what you can get.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
4,389 Posts

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
After looking further, When you hit "Buy It Now" it takes you to SS Diesel's web site. $399 Hangers that come with it only fit 92-93 trucks. They use a flat bar in the hangers. 94+ uses round rod. You could either swap in the flat style uppers from a 92-93 or fab the round rod style clamp- hangers.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Whew, and I’ve been waiting to order….

·
Registered
4,389 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you have a good local exhaust shop you can probably get something equivalent to these aftermarket kits made and installed for the same or less money. Maybe buy a downpipe and crossover and get the rest custom made? Making an exhaust pipe for one of these trucks should be about as simple as it gets for a muffler shop.

PS. I don't know about others but my experience with SS diesel was less than stellar.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
The vast majority of local exhaust shops don't have mandrel[full diameter] benders and don't even have crush benders that can bend 4" pipe.
JC Whitney used to sell Hearthrob products. They might be worth checking out. I'm no fan of Walt[ss Diesel] either.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maybe I'm spoiled, my local town has a shop that regularly does diesel exhaust systems.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts