Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my truck is back up and running I'm starting to do some maintenance. Current Exhaust is rusted out in a few spots, and would like to replace with the 4" Dia. Eye. 2 years ago these seemed abundant for under $300, but now I can't find any vendors for a 93'?

What gives? Is it because of covid?

·
Administrator
18,984 Posts
Now that my truck is back up and running I'm starting to do some maintenance. Current Exhaust is rusted out in a few spots, and would like to replace with the 4" Dia. Eye. 2 years ago these seemed abundant for under $300, but now I can't find any vendors for a 93'?

What gives? Is it because of covid?
Check with our Supporting Vendors:
Kennedy Diesel Kennedy Diesel
Unique Diesel Welcome to Unique Diesel - GM Truck - High Quality 6.2 6.5 Parts Source

Other sites that carry Diamond Eye
Leroy Diesel
Summit Racing
and various others using Google

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
2 years ago these seemed abundant for under $300
Its called inflation. Have you looked at the price of metals lately? Better buy now before it goes up another 100 dollars. The dollar is fading fast.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its called inflation. Have you looked at the price of metals lately? Better buy now before it goes up another 100 dollars. The dollar is fading fast.
Ya, I don't really care about the price, but I just can't seem to find it anywhere, everyone is on back order or not in stock/ not carrying them anymore.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Strange. I went to Diamond eye site and they dont even list an exhaust system for 1993 trucks. Just down pipe and crossover. They only list exhaust systems for 94 and up. Maybe call or email them to see if 1994 will work. There must be a way to adapt 94 to 93 they are the same truck. There are always some Diamond eye systems listed on ebay.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
The difference between 93 and 94 exhaust is the hangers. If you swap hangers on from a 94+ [round rod ] it will bolt right up. 93 used a flat bar for hanging and the hanger heights are different.. Hangers from a 94+ gasser will even work..

Reactions: JMJNet and OkDually

·
Registered
132 Posts
I distributor of DE told me that DE has discontinued the 6.5 exhaust. I need a section of pipe and can't get it anywhere, with.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I distributor of DE told me that DE has discontinued the 6.5 exhaust. I need a section of pipe and can't get it anywhere, with.
How much do you need? After installing the DE kit on my '95 I had about a 3 or 4 foot section of the 4 inch pipe left over. Only had to make one cut to install the whole kit and that was to add about 6 inches in front of the muffler to make it fit right.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much do you need? After installing the DE kit on my '95 I had about a 3 or 4 foot section of the 4 inch pipe left over. Only had to make one cut to install the whole kit and that was to add about 6 inches in front of the muffler to make it fit right.
Need the whole thing...holes everywhere.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ok.....nb3500 said he only needed a section of pipe, not the whole system.....I have a 3 or 4 foot section left over that I will probably never use.

·
Registered
42 Posts
seems lots of stuff being discontinued as the number of our vehicles shrinks. My local parts guy tells me Spectra is no longer going to produce fuel sending units and tanks for diesel suburban.😕

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
435 Posts
Distributors are trying to push the 6.5 trucks into the grave yard.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,171 Posts
Distributors are trying to push the 6.5 trucks into the grave yard.
More like the government was trying to push a lot of older vehicle to the grave yard.
It was called "Cash for Clunkers" program.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
694 Posts
I need an exhaust for truck, like 3 inch down and then 4 inch. Whats available? I've looked and found diddly squat.

·
Administrator
18,984 Posts
I need an exhaust for truck, like 3 inch down and then 4 inch. Whats available? I've looked and found diddly squat.
Diamond Eye Turbo back system is popular for the 6.5L if you can locate a kit

Reactions: 56pan

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thanks, good price, Think I'll order it after I see if my latest work solved my fuel pressure issue

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ordered that exhaust and its back ordered, supposedly shipping June 8, I have my doubts

·
Registered
1995 Chevy 3500 6.5TD Crew Cab Long Bed, All stock except for a Diamond Eye 4" Exhaust
8 Posts
That's really odd Summit racing would stop selling these kits. I purchased a kit from them back in December and paid right at $300 including shipping. part number for Diamond eye is K4102A

1 - 20 of 33 Posts