Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, im getting a set of the diamo wheels pictured below. My question is, if i go with the 18'', Will it fit with a stock setup? I dont want 285's on this rim b/c i think they would look to small. Opions? I'm trying to stay away from a lift, but if it has to be done i will.I want it to look good obsivouly! So every one tell me what you think and what i should do! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
BF Goodrich 305/65R18 All Terrain KO. Just over 34" tall.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
im planning on those bfg all terrains in the 305/65/18. basically is a 34x12. what the width and backspacing on the wheel?

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant really find an offset besides it saying "RWD". Anything special i should look for, like offset, backspacing, etc? Also, give me some opionons on how these will look...!! Will i need a lift?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
did some research for you. 9" wide with 4.61" BS they will def stick out a bit. same width and basically the same BS the wheels i plan to get will have. will stick out quite a bit.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Take a look into my garage, I have these wheels on 35's with a Rancho 4" lift and they only stick out alittle. All the details are posted in my garage.

-Johnny

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have those wheels in a 20" with 33x12.50 Toyo MT's. I have done everything in my signature. I do have a little bit of rubbing when I turn the wheel all the way to the left. I love the look of the wheel/tire combo. You can look in my garage to see how they look and how much they stick out. You would just have more sidewall with an 18" wheel. Johnny's truck is what really made me want those wheels!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ran the exact wheel & tire combo you are looking at on my 2005. No lift kit , or cranked t-bars but did need to trim the the front air dam and zip tie the inner fenders. Looked and worked great but did cost me about 1.5 mpg. Good Luck.

Jimmy

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ive got the same wheels, with 325/60's, they stick out a little but I really like the look

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
That's nice, got anymore pics Ride Red Honda Rider.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GM Jimmy;1591411; said:
Ran the exact wheel & tire combo you are looking at on my 2005. No lift kit , or cranked t-bars but did need to trim the the front air dam and zip tie the inner fenders. Looked and worked great but did cost me about 1.5 mpg. Good Luck.

Jimmy
So you ran 18 diamos with the stock height? How did it look? Did the 285's look small? Sorry for all the Questions. Dont want to spend all this money for nothing lol:)

·
Registered
425 Posts
i had the 285/60/18 nitto terra grapplers on the 8 karat diamo's before i lifted my 04. they came out to the edge of teh fender flares on the rear and were out 1-1.5" on the front. this almost 2 years ago. i thought they were a little bit small. i would have gone with 285/65/18 if i had to do it now. no cranking of the torsion bars, just a lil bit of trimming on the airdam.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
RideRed1;1592502; said:
Ive got the same wheels, with 325/60's, they stick out a little but I really like the look

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)
That's exactly the look i want or close to it! More pics please:D . Did ya have to get new torsion keys? How bad do they rub and how intensive was the trimming? ( fender cutting involved? ) Thanks !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts