Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have the Predator and it works well on my truck, a 2001, 2500HD crew cab Silverado. It has put the transmission into limp mode a number of times, especially if I try to tow in too high a setting. It has also done this several times on a steep hill not towing anything when it tried to downshift. It acts as if it drops 2 gears and the tranmission goes into limp mode. Any suggestions or cautions?

Anyway, my real question is with the diagnostics of the Predator. I want to check my injectors, but don't know what to look for in the diagnostic listings or even what the reading mean or what is measured. Any help would be appreciated. Most of the diagnostics listed are meaningless to me! Also, can the rev limiter be changed with the Predator? You guys seem to know about everything about these tuners. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Hey guys, I have the Predator and it works well on my truck, a 2001, 2500HD crew cab Silverado. It has put the transmission into limp mode a number of times, especially if I try to tow in too high a setting. It has also done this several times on a steep hill not towing anything when it tried to downshift. It acts as if it drops 2 gears and the tranmission goes into limp mode. Any suggestions or cautions?

Ease the power up slowly ... Start with lower tune drive around for a day or two and increase the power for the tranny to get use to the additional torque ...

Anyway, my real question is with the diagnostics of the Predator. I want to check my injectors, but don't know what to look for in the diagnostic listings or even what the reading mean or what is measured. Any help would be appreciated. Most of the diagnostics listed are meaningless to me! Also, can the rev limiter be changed with the Predator? You guys seem to know about everything about these tuners. Thanks in advance for your help.

There should be a Balance Rate line followed by Cylinder 1-8 ...

There is info here http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4290fo ....

The balance rate shows the over all condition of the injector ...

The Rev limiter doesn't increase with the Predator ...

Mac

1 - 2 of 2 Posts