Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased a diablo predator does it have a safety feature that the truck wont run on the hp setting until the engine temp is at a certain temp. thanks

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I don't think so but there are others on here that are a lot smarter than I am that may know better.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't think so. The trucks computer itself will operate differently if it is really cold like hold gears longer or not allow it into certain ranges until warmed up but I think that is if its only really really cold.

·
Registered
686 Posts
As a general rule, take it easy until the truck warms up. You can cause a lot of accelerated wear and potential damage if you drive it hard when it's cold.

·
Registered
118 Posts
No. IIRC only the harness systems have that option. They just pass the stock signals until the engine reaches operating temp, >160F, then begin modifying control. A programmer actually replaces programming in your ECM. For it to have some sort of temp control there would have to be multiple tunes in the ECM, a stock setup until temp is reached, and the the proformance tune you would like to run.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
no it doesn't. just make sure your truck warms up before running it hard.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Give her some warm up time you will have lots of fun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts