Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what kind of HP people were getting out of stacking the diablo predator and TST powermax, or if this combo can even be done without harming the engine. I am happy with the power of the TST box but the speed limiter is really a hold back. I have the TransGo kit, I just need to get around to installing it. I have limped the tranny three times so it time to upgrade it. I was wondering if there are any other possible problems with stacking these two programs, other than the transmission.

I was also wondering what kind of boost the duramax has been putting out? I am currently running the TST powermax and I am seeing boost of up to 30 psi. I have a friend with a 03' cummins HO with a 70hp BD chip putting out 40 psi of boost, should I be seeing higher numbers or is that about all the duramax turbo will handle?
Thanks
Jon

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Where are you getting your boost signal ?? Some say boost away, I cringe when I see my needle pinned at 35 psi ..... I've heard people have lost the turbo at them levels .... I since have hooked my wastegate up and yet still bark it accelerating and with a snapped closed throttle .....

I've seen a TST stack with Pred burst on higher HP with a handshacker .... You can go zero tune speed'o defeat with the Predator tho ....

Good ruck, keep it shinny side up .....Get the Trans-go in and you'll really start to feel the power .... No Triple lock converter ?? You should consider, you might regret it later .....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to get a triple lock torque converter I just didn't want to start the debate between ATS and Suncoast, about the same price. The TST powermax gets the reading from the factory sensor located on the intake after the turbo from what I understand talking to the TST rep.

I am currently running the diablo at stock hp with an increased speed limiter. I have been trying to get an answer from diablo if there programer changes the engine timing. However that isn't going very well. From talking to the guys at TST I can run these two together if the diablo doesn't change the timing because the TST already does that. However they were talking about modifying the TST powermax, so it wouldn't change the engine timing and the diablo would take care of the timing if indeed it does change the timing. From the sounds of it there is just one wire in the wiring harness that controlls the timing. The wire could be cut to eliminate advancing the timing too much, which would create excessive preasure.
Thanks Jon

·
Registered
194 Posts
So you are saying with only a transgo shift kit and a converter, all for about $1500, you will be able to stack programs? What tranny do you run Mackin? Sounds great to me.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Ltrain

Your not getting a trans go kit and a triple lock for $1500. I think suncoast sells that triple lock for $1100 on its own.

From what i have seen trans go and stock converter will hold 145 edge+ 120 predator. Pull that predator and install 215 quad and that converter is as good as teets on a bull. USELESS.
Trust me, seen it firsthand. Better to pony up and do it once, in my eyes, as you know you'll be addin more power down the road. What a sickness.

Bigjon00

With my stack(see sig) i see about 28-29lbs of boost(wastegate open). I can pretty much bark my turbo at will when highway driving. I have pegged my gauge at 40lbs one run, but got nervous and backed out. From my experience anything above 30lbs, your not gaining anything, except a better chance at a new turbo. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
194 Posts
thanks heartbeat, i figured just the shift kit and converter would prob not hold up. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Suncoast level V .... Working real slick, now since it's been back from a sabbatical at Suncoast.... Mr. Web done did fixed it ... The converter valve hanging up in the pump bore created such a pain in the ass, it wasn't funny .... Perhaps an experienced builder or "US" with a bit of heads up would have caught it from the get go and saved a lot of headaches .... Nevertheless Suncoast rectified the situation .... Would I do it again ?? Hell ya !!!!!!!!!! I know what to look for now ....

I did get quite the edgumication ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Mackin, I had the same problem when he installed mine... He called you while my truck was still on the lift late that evening when he found the problem.. I was feeling sorry for ya.. It sucked even having it happen in Joe's shop, so I know it was a lot worse being so far away...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts