Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my DHRA membership packet in the mail. I can't believe it. This year is certainly off to a better start than last year.

Thanks Eric! :ro)

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
How is it going to be better?
I think Guy is referring to they are better organized right from the git go this year.IIRC membership packs were slow to be receive last year.Trippen can correct me if I'm in error

Cheers

·
Registered
652 Posts
It seems like only yesterday when last March I stood in the LACR tower with Guy and watched him pay cash for his DHRA membership...glad to hear you official now...

Doug

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How is it going to be better?
Last year I paid and received nothing the entire year. This year DHRA honored my payment from last year and sent me a packet before the season even started. So as I said, we are off to a better start this year.:D

·
Registered
471 Posts
Let's just hope the track can do a better job for you all this year. I have talked with Bernie twice this week about my concerns. I can't say I feel warm and fuzzy about his attitude and willingness to participate. His reluctancy to what seems like work bothers me. What other options do we have in SoCal for dragstrips? I looked on the web: Pomona is a no-go; Irwindale? Fontana can't do any type of programs outside the company (NASCAR owned). What else?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Eric, it well be fine.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Fontana does private track days very often. I would suspect if DHRA stepped up to a private day deal they could run there. Not sure what it would cost but several members here have been to the private day events and they may know the cost involved. If it's not too bad the events could be DHRA private track day to keep them happy. Most private days allow about 50 vehicles so that should cover everyone and I've heard they get around 10 + passes each. There is also Fomosa in Bakersfield if LACR doesn't work out.

·
Registered
471 Posts
In norcal there is redding, sacramento, and infineon. Have you tried any of those?
Sent every one of those tracks proposals, nothing heard back. Last year Sacramento said they were on board, then never sent the contract in?
Diesel Tech= Steve? If so, hey Steve, I keep forgetting about Famoso; Bakersfield is a trek isn't it? Maybe just as far for you as LACR. We went by Compton a few times last week, wish we had time to swing on in there. SC LA sure has changed a lot since I lived there!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Bakersfield is about 100 miles north of Los Angeles and LACR is about 60 miles. The bigger thing is Bakersfield is at close to sea level and LACR is at 2700 ft. On a good day at LACR you might get a corrected DA in the 4000 ft range and on a bad day I've seen 9000 ft! Where as Bakersfield will be 100 ft on a good day and 2000 ft on a bad day.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yea, if we would have had more than two runs to tune the dragster we could have learned a lot more. The difference was tremendous.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Bakersfield is a really nice place to drag at and you will get alot of people i know i will go if it goes down in Bakersfield

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Good Luck getting Famoso to agree :( and Fontana is shutting down for a couple of months because they are moving the drag strip to a different parking lot. For the private track days at Fontana it's $100 per vehicle and they limit it to 85 vehicles.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
why good luck with getting Famoso to agree are they hard to do work things out with or what

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yes, they don't do anything outside of their organization. The people that own NASCAR own them. They wanted to do the program, but couldn't do it with our name. So I told them that shouldn't stop them from having diesel races.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.