Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading over the rules and i was wondering if some of you could clear something up for me.

In the W/S and Street class there are 2 thing i was wondering about.

1: It says 2 3/8" diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust in a cross pattern as close to the turbo as possible.

- Why is this and what is it for? do you guys all run the bolts?

2: Tow vehicles are prohibited.

- Does this mean if im attending something i am not allowed to tow the vehicle that is competeing to the competition?
- could i have a vehicle with and empty trailer follow incase something would break in competition?

Thanks in advance
-matt

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Keeps turbo parts from flying out & I believe it means getting towed from the pits/parking lot to pull on the track.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
1: It says 2 3/8" diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust in a cross pattern as close to the turbo as possible.
Matt, number 1 is to keep parts of a broken turbo from being projected.

Edited because I was incorrect.

·
Registered
410 Posts
noreaster is correct.

BBD

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys

·
Registered
35 Posts
As they said the bolts are to prevent a compressor wheel from flying out and mangling and innocent diesel enthusiast watching you pull your beloved diesel pickup. The towing if im not mistaken is you can not be pulled to the track my buddies and i have pulled in our stock trucks to a pull on a trailer but they were driveable.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
the exhaust wheel

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
As they said the bolts are to prevent a compressor wheel from flying out and mangling and innocent diesel enthusiast watching you pull your beloved diesel pickup. The towing if im not mistaken is you can not be pulled to the track my buddies and i have pulled in our stock trucks to a pull on a trailer but they were driveable.
Now for the stupid questions :eek::

1. Do most guys leave them in all the time (i.e. after the pulls)?
2. If they don't, how do they plug the holes

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
you could leave them in it wouldnt hurt anything

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
you could leave them in it wouldnt hurt anything
So I'm assuming restriction (and heat) are not a problem with these in the pipes, or can it be????

Just curious more than anything.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
i drilled mine real close, then when you take them out, use a band clamp. seals it up good enough for me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.