·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Can you se eit from these?;)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
It's a shame that engineers didn't turn the turbo about 30 degrees or so, counter clockwise.(intake towards the driver) It seem to me, and I'm no expert, that it would allow for a reduction of that initial 90 degree bend. The down pipe appears to be oval shape past that point, or at least down towards the flange. (just above the weld) I wouldn't think that a oval shape would effect the flow so long as it is the same volume capacity.

The real problem would be in the complexity of re-plumbing everything afterward. You would need to replace the intake and exhaust pipes, and for what kind of gains?
Not to mention how would you even get to the back side of the engine to even trun a wrench!

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Does the EGR feed tube (arrow) branch from the downpipe? Can't really see it.
no, i had my down pipe off...and i can say it is a horrible biaatch to remove/replace

·
Registered
693 Posts
neat:cool2: :cool2:

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

Hey,

That's gotta be a bCensoredh to work on? How long does it take to change out the entire exhaust?

Thanks,

Will

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Hey,

That's gotta be a bCensoredh to work on? How long does it take to change out the entire exhaust?

Thanks,

Will

IIRC a little longer than it will take you to pull the tranny or the body off.:eek:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here are some additional pictures of LLY's that I took at Banks' booth last year's SEMA show. The files are very large, but give them some time to download and you can get some very good detail from many different angles. http://www.okautosystems.com/duramax.htm As you can see from my sig. below, many items have been added to the "Great White" since these pics were taken a year ago.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Man in the pictures the fuel filter change would be a snap.:lol:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts