Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these by accident, but figured they would help many of you out since you can see your entire engine out of the truck. These pictures you can see the front accesories, rear, tranny, transfer case, down pipe, turbo, fuel filter. Lots of things you can't see from just popping the hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Nice pics. You can sort of see how bad the down pipe is. Under that cover it's quite a bit smaller than that. I think he's asking a bit much though.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
158 Posts
Your are allright:thumb:

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Should be made a sticky. Sure would help in pointing out things to people, i.e.(they said I get a new down pipe with the full exhaust):D

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should be made a sticky. Sure would help in pointing out things to people, i.e.(they said I get a new down pipe with the full exhaust):D

Thats funny because that is the main reason I did this.. lol , trying to explain the difference every few days. oh well.

and you can REALLY see how crushed it is in these pics.

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Does that say Ratlover there on the pax side? :D

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Bad down pipe?

Forgive me but I don't see how bad the down pipe is. Can you show it with an arrow pointing to it, or something?

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Forgive me but I don't see how bad the down pipe is. Can you show it with an arrow pointing to it, or something?
Look closely at the middle picture in the second set. See the big flattened downpipe? It's mashed and dented to clear the firewall at the rear of the engine. Not to mention that it has a twisted rectangular "box" that bolts to the rear of the turbo housing at the top. That's why there's so much controversy about vendors that advertise a "turbo back" or "includes turbo downpipe" in their exhaust systems.:mad:

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
all the factory downpipes are pretty restrictive, I have some downpipes laying around, I 'll find them and get some pics up. The EGR pipe attatches to the up pipe on the passanger side, the down pipe is cleanranced around that so it makes it tighter in there

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Disregard the above question. It makes sense there are probably 2 up pipes joined to feed the turbine.

What bugs me now is that EGR flow appears to be drawn from the pass side only. Was not aware of this before.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I can't be sure, but it looks like the EGR comes up from pretty close to where the two up pipes join the lower turbo housing, killerbee. That should make it pretty "50/50" or at least as much as it can be with the EGR cooler being mounted on the passenger side.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts