Diesel Place banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
To all those deployed, First Thank You ALL For Your Service. I wish you all a Happy and
safe Thanksgiving and watch out for each others 5's. Get home safe, and God Speed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
ya man i know wherer thats at

·
Registered
61 Posts
ya man i know wherer thats at
my bat. is at FOB Joyce, and I'm at the Governor of Konar Province's compound. should be home in around 30 days, good luck to you

·
Registered
154 Posts
Off in this wonderful place of Afcrackastan. 11 more months to go.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Less than two weeks left here in Iraq, been on VBC for 11 months. This was the third time and hopefully the last, but we all know how that goes. LOL!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Where abouts on VBC. I did 15 months at Striker in 07-08 flyin 58s

·
Registered
276 Posts
VBC is right there in bahgdad, I was on Liberty for a while. stryker and liberty are part of what they call VBC (Victory Base Camp).

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years late to all and most importantly thank you.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Another VBC resident here. Working for KBR out here at Seitz/Steeler. Did a near 4 year stretch at FOB Dragoon/Ironhorse/Loyalty starting back in '04.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was on Victory from Feb. '07 to Feb. '08 (During the "Surge").

Now I'm in Bagram with about a month left.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was on Victory from Feb. '07 to Feb. '08 (During the "Surge").

Now I'm in Bagram with about a month left.
Where abouts on Bagram. I'm on the east side flying 58's. I still got about 6 to go.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Back in Afghanistan, east side this time. About 6 months left I hope.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am at Bagram in Afghanistan this time around. I have about 3 months left in this hole. Looks like there hasn't been a post on this thread for a minute so lets hope most of ya'll are home.

***FISTers lead the way!!!***

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I am at Bagram in Afghanistan this time around. I have about 3 months left in this hole. Looks like there hasn't been a post on this thread for a minute so lets hope most of ya'll are home.

***FISTers lead the way!!!***
I've been home for about 6 months.

FISTers do lead the way, but what's a high speed trained killer 13F doing at BAF? Hope you're not working at the Pink Palace!

·
Registered
78 Posts
haha I don't know what the pink palace is but I assume its where I work! I am with a division headquarters so I sit at a desk for 12 hours a day... The last time I "did" our job was at AIT... Awesome, I know...

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Ha ha..tell me about it. Three deployments and only this last one I actually did 13F work.
The pink palace is a big pink-colored 2 story building off Disney toward the PAX terminal and airfield. There's a bunch of RHLs or whatever they call those 2 story housing units behind it. That's where our BCT HQ was. Stay safe brother! They can get pretty accurate with those rockets anymore!

·
Registered
891 Posts
I leave Tues. night for Kabul for the first time to Afghanistan, many other places though.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Is Bagram still as crowded as is was 2005-2007? I had about a dozen 2-week visits during those years. Took forever to get flights out of Bagram back to Iraq or Kuwait

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Yeah, I was there in 04-05 a few times and it's way bigger now than it was then.

·
Ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
4,261 Posts
From what I hear, flights in & out of Bagram are the same if not worse. I went there a few weeks ago, but it was just from Leatherneck to Bagram and back with scheduled flights so I didnt have to wait like the Kuwait & Kandahar bound.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I sat in the pax terminal at BAF for 10 hours waiting for a flight to Kuwait for leave.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.